Second Skin Audio

New enclosure design???

Hey guys, I am working on designing a new enclosure for a pair of 12's. Total displacement is .47 of the enclosure for subs and angles.

The specs are 36" W x 20" D x 13.5" H

I was thinking 2- 4"x 16" aeroports dead center in the enclosure.

According to my math, tuning should be around 30hz.

If someone could assist me in this that would be great as I dont have a computer so I cant use torres' box calculater as I am on mobile!

Thanks guys

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

A single side mounted 6" aero and reducing the width of the box to 35 would leave you 3.5 cubic feet of net volume, 30.5 Hz of tuning and 8.1 square inches per cube of port area.which would be acceptable for low to medium power/excursion subs, but if you really have 0.47 cubes of subs/bracing displacement maybe those are high power subs, in that case 8.1 square inches per cube may be low if you want good efficiency.

I am open to all opinions! A side mount port is not gonna work as its a trunk car and will be sealed off! So port/sub forward is most desireable! Also I like low tuning and good efficiency as I am looking for more SQL!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I've found sub port back is working better then forward just so you know. Inside of our cars is close to identical. Just damn trunk rattles. Only way I'd fire forward again is if I did subs behind the seats and port the rear deck.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Vehicle is a 98 Mercury Sable! I normally drive with the rear seats down, so firing forward has been actually louder during my testing. My front stage is still a work in progress, running off the headunit right now!

Plus working on a budget, I still havent deadened the car yet and dont plan to till prolly fall!

The enclosure I have in there now, is a single sub setup, that is 13.5H x 18D x 26.5W with a 12" x 2.5 x 30" port tuned to 29hz.

I was thinking running an aeroport to save on space so not to have as big of an enclosure!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring