Sonic Electronix

...for my truck, would it be worthless to buy a set of coaxials, unsolder the HF leads, & run new wires for them so I can run the door speakers through a crossover or biamped? Or would it be worth a try? Worse comes to worse, solder the leads back with the original cap I guess... :pardon:

POTATO!

what the f you talking about?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Ive considered doing this but I don't know how well it would turn out. But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't tbh

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

He is talking about buying a set of coaxils and dissconecting the tweeter from the mid (in terms of wires) and running the tweeters

Off a seperate amp/channel

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

He is talking about buying a set of coaxils and dissconecting the tweeter from the mid (in terms of wires) and running the tweeters

Off a seperate amp/channel

:lol: thanks for beating me to it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. You'd have to keep the wire for the tweet away from the cone or surround of the mid though to prevent a buzz from the surround slapping the lead wire.

Theoretically it shouldn't if they were made that way :lol: Ehh I might give it a try.

POTATO!

And why would you want to do that?

YOu can get much better tweeters sold seperately, and since you already will have to fabricate something to hold the tweeters you can do the same for better tweeters.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

why do that just buy some tweeters to go on the side with the coaxials and put them where u was going to put the tweeters off the coaxials ??

YOu can get much better tweeters sold seperately, and since you already will have to fabricate something to hold the tweeters you can do the same for better tweeters.

My guess would be he is trying not to cut extra holes and run the tweeters from their location on the coax.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

why do that just buy some tweeters to go on the side with the coaxials and put them where u was going to put the tweeters off the coaxials ??

My guess would be he is trying not to cut extra holes and run the tweeters from their location on the coax.

Bingo. Plus, they're cheaper, lol

POTATO!