New Fiberglass Door pods 8 and bullet in each door.

Just a little walk around of the truck since i wrapped the box in Neffy Wrap and built the fiberglass door pods. The 8's are Precision Power PM.804's and the Tweets are AQ Bullets. I'm running 100 watts per door.

On a side note: in the bed of my truck is a box i just built for 6 Sundown E8's. 4.2 cubes tuned to 32 hz with an 8" aero.

Tell me what y'all think..

I really like the PPI mids. For $35 a piece you really can't go wrong. I need to do a little adjusting on the EQ, but so far they actually have great SQ, while getting stupidly loud off about 50 watts to each mid.

And thank you. Haha. I'm very pleased with this setup. It has 2 peaks: one is at 41 hz, the other is at 24 hz. (144.3 at 41 hz and 142.5 at 24 hz)

I like it..... cool wrap job on your box to man.... How you like the tweets?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

The AQ tweets are very nice. Can get very loud without being harsh. They are a little sharp, but that's why i have them pointed off axis at your shins. Cuts down on the really high notes, but seems to lift the sound stage up off the floor.

And thank you. It's Neffy Wrap. I love how easy it was to work with.

Awesome Vid Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nice job on the door pods and box! I have 2 12's in my dodge and they don't hit nearly that hard. How hard was it to make the pods and do you still have the dimensions for that box?

The pods were pretty easy to make. I think i only have about 8 hours in both from start to finish and in the truck.

I've been experimenting slowly with this truck for about 6 years now. With 1100 watts clamped it's doing mid 40's at 41 hz and low 40's at 24 hz. IIRC, the dimensions for this box is 5.5" deep at the top, 7" deep at the bottom, 49" wide, and 20" tall. About 42 sq in of port tuned to 38 hz.

Awesome Vid Sir ...

Thank you. I don't make many videos of my truck so i try to get every aspect of it in one video. Haha.

Edited by Miles

Sounds pretty clean. You have so much room in your doors for future updates with mids etc! I was curious about the Aq Tweet also. How are you crossing everything? Hu only, some form of crossover? Where are they crossed? Have you turned it up pretty loud to see what they are able to do?

They come with an attached bass blocker. Maybe later down the road i will build a crossover for the doors, but honestly, just the bass blocker is doing a great job at cutting off. I believe it's crossed over at 8k, but i could be wrong. Not only do they sound amazing, the build quality is phenomenal. They are having a sale for $30 for 2, but even the regular $40 for 2 is a great deal. When it came to ordering bullets, i was between these and some Seleniums, and i'm VERY happy i went AQ. The Bullets are getting about 50 watts a piece and love it. They are not harsh at all, and actually sound pretty smooth.

Edited by Miles