Component suggestions for $500!

Flexxxin

I'm looking for suggestions for a component set. I'm willing to spend up to five hundred for the set. Componenets will be going into glassed pod in the doors for an 06 f150. I was looking at some treo ssx 6.5's and a treo ssx amp to match. I have a set of jl c5 6.5's in the kicks. Any suggestions would be awesome, and if you could say why you like the suggested set.

if you go to audiosavings they are running a deal on the re audioxxx6.5 comps for about fifty more of what you are planning to spend you can get not 1 but 2 whole sets and those are probably some of the best comps made ask around you'll see ain't too many comp sets are messing with those RE audio XXX6.5c

plus if you just want 1 set they willing to let them go for 245.00 free shipping too

dont slip on these they r for real deal!!!!!!

Morel are good to but if you ask me those are my personal favorite. Also they are SQ speakers not loud speakers at all. I am not sure the retail of Focals but you may want to check them out as well as CDT Audio and Boston Acoustics. Hybrid Audio Technologies are good to so you may want to check them out to. Also I have been told Digital Designs have good component sets to.

The stay away list as follows:

1. Kicker.

2. Orion.

3. MB Quartz [the ones made after they were bought out].

I read in some reviews the high's were lacking on the re xxx. Is this on the previous version or is this not true?

I dont think they are lacking at all. This is my opinion. And they are surprisingly musical. These comps have not changed in over 5 years other than the grills that come with them. I am kind of anal about mids and highs too. I replaced Zapco ESB's with these (unable to replace one blown woofer on the Zapcos).These are a nice replacement sound wise and have quite a bit more low end.

Now those are the good. Here are the bad points.

The woofers are DEEP. Ya better have room for them.

The crossovers are ugly as shit (mine are hidden)

The tweeters have a monstrous surround (they take up a big area. A little bit unsightly

All of what I find not good are more cosmetic than anything.

I only wish I could show any of the nay sayers or skeptics these in my car. Im betting most of them would be as impressed as I am. They also like power to get the most out of them. Im pushing them with a Zapco Reference 1000.4. At 2ohms they should be seeing around 250 watts.

Another brand I would give a good look at (over all mentioned) are Image Dynamics. I agree on what ebrahim said about not running kickers. I am not impressed. And as he said. Morel are very nice too.

No one says beyma

Prownd 6.5s and some ph35s would get stupied loud and sound AMAZING

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass