You can get two 1/0 wire through the factory grommet. I did not think the radio was all that hard, and now that you have been in there once you should be a lot quicker the next time around. I can get into the dash in about 5 minutes or less now.

If you wan I can post pics of where I put the 1/0 through

That would be awesome if you could!!!! my biggest issue I think was just that it was shitty in comparison to my old malibu. then again I was comfortable with the malibu, where as with this I was afraid I was going to break something. Which side did you run your 1/0 on? Driver's side I assume?

I ran it through the driver side. There is a factory grommet to get in to the cabin on that side. I little hint if your going to push 2 1/0 wire through the factory grommet use a little liquid soap it will make it slide through nice.

When my wife gets home I will try to take a close up of where it is at for you.

Also I threw a few pics into my build log so you can see what I have done check my sig vvvvvv I dont want to clutter your log with my pics.

If I remember correctly I ran the power wire through the factory plastic channel and the ground wire on top right next to the seat mounts. You can still get the carpet down this way and it will look fine.

IMG_8329.jpg

You can see here the two 1/0 going through the fire wall. The factory grommet is right below the break fluid container slightly to the right side.

Also to do this you have to push the wire through the inside of the car into the engine compartment since there is not a lot of room in the engine compartment to push the wire through.

oooooh boy, looks like I'm going to be spending time on my back under the dash then lol. Oh well, sure as hell better than trying to use a hole-saw and drilling two holes in the firewall.

I forgot to take pics of the new battery, but here is the old one lol

IMG_2815.jpg

I put the new one on the charger as soon as I got home and topped it off before I put it in, and then reconnected the charger once it was in to keep it topped off while I did some other things with the car.

IMG_2814.jpg

Also bedlined the bottom of the box and sides. The can ran out just in the nick of time after these photos were taken.

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

i hate those axxcess moduales, those things can go for a buck and a half, everythings data nowa days so you cant find speakers and most of the time ign. in the normal harness, looking good though man!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i hate those axxcess moduales, those things can go for a buck and a half, everythings data nowa days so you cant find speakers and most of the time ign. in the normal harness, looking good though man!

They really are a pain in the old keester, but it's nice keeping some of the features. Thanks for looking!

IMG_8329.jpg

You can see here the two 1/0 going through the fire wall. The factory grommet is right below the break fluid container slightly to the right side.

Also to do this you have to push the wire through the inside of the car into the engine compartment since there is not a lot of room in the engine compartment to push the wire through.

On the cabin side of this, was it just 1 small red wire coming through the firewall with a foam ring? That one looks like I could definitely squeeze 2 runs of 1/0 through it and about the right placement.

Anyways, box is done and I put the sub back in.

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

I also ripped all the RCA's back and then ran them down the passenger side along with adding in the remote bass wire. Had a little help tonight ;)

IMG_2824.jpg

Archived