Got wire run to the doors, found out my back driver door speaker adapter snapped, so had to make a new adapter.

Threw the 4ch in last night in a rush, checked if I had sound real quick and I did so went to bed.

Driving in this morning, and turns out the new amp is causing static on the radio. Class D for the loss on that I guess, might dick around with it later tonight and see if I have the room to move it around and see if that helps.

New amp is in

GixRrRvh.jpg

Barely fits compared to how the 3500 sat on there.

wQTlHxM.jpg

All buttoned up and tuned with the -10 track(#5?) Will get its maiden listen tomorrow.

sutjQl8h.jpg

Looking nice again man, we'll have to meet up again to exchange demo's in the future before i graduate and no longer live in the area. You haven't seen the truck since my two ghetto 12's

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

• 4 weeks later...

New amp is in

Barely fits compared to how the 3500 sat on there.

All buttoned up and tuned with the -10 track(#5?) Will get its maiden listen tomorrow.

Looking nice again man, we'll have to meet up again to exchange demo's in the future before i graduate and no longer live in the area. You haven't seen the truck since my two ghetto 12's

Definitely.

I'm still at this point trying to figure out a way to fix my radio reception, I moved the amp a bit but the antenna for the radio is right above the cargo area and amp so I don't know as I have many if hardly any options at this point. Only other thought is to take a dedicated ground wire from the batt up to the radio or find a grounded bolt in behind the radio itself I can make sure I have a good ground to.

So I tore apart the dash and pulled the radio out last night. Right when I pulled the radio I noticed that the antenna looked like it backed out a little bit from its adapter, so plugged it all the way back in but you can tell it's not a tight fit. Ran a new 10ga wire to the HU frame+ground to a grounded bolt that was reading ~5 ohms so a fair ground.

While I had the radio pulled out I flipped through my stations and got like 5 of the stations pretty clear, and two I could almost get. So went ahead and put everything back together, and reception isn't quite as good anymore. Didn't get much of a chance to listen this morning as I was on the phone, but it seemed a little better at least? Going to give it a few days and if it starts to go out again I'll take the adapter and antenna leads apart, clean/sand/grease them then reconnect them with some zip ties to hold them together tight and see if that fixes it. If not I'll just have too look into it either being the amp or needing a new HU.

Soooo, tore apart dash again, pulled antenna adapter apart and bent the connector out more so it's a super snug connection now, and did a comparison between amp on to amp off. My HU has a little antenna towed with up to 4 bars, and then there's this little infinity sign that shows when the Audi is coming through. No symbol for no audio, flickers if the statiom is trying to come in, on solid it I have solid audio.

gesZpFd.jpg

So yeah, amp is at the very least scrwing with a couple stations if not blocking out some all together. Will be returning, sadly.

Amp was sent out last night, Sonic is taking it back. Hooked the front doors back up to the radio, I get audio on every station above now, most are clear and only 2-3 have any static on them. Once Sonic gets it back and processes it I'll order something else. I may just end up order another Cadence ZRS C9, I'm not finding much on their site that does 100W x4 @4.

Archived