Sonic Electronix

I have a dual audio deck that i guess rms at 18watts. is there any other way than using a DD1 to find the clipping volume. I know how to use a DVM to find the rms on my sub amp abut i wanna get the best volume from the deck first.

Secondly. Everything in my jeep is stock except for the deck, mono amp, and subs. .... alt, battery, everything else is stock. im only running 250rms and my lights dimm a little on heavy bass (yes i know its only 250 but it slams for just that) i want to upgrade. 12's down to 10's for more punch but go from 250rms to maybe 500ish to 1000rms (for now). and get a 4 channel for my speakers and get some decent compenents. What are the best things to upgrade on a budget that are necessary for running a god amount of power. Thanks

big three, extra batt's and depending on the amperage of your factory alt and how many watts possibly an alternator. the only way to find out what volume your head unit clips at is with either a dd-1 or a o-scope. i dont know if anyone has done a dual head unit but theres a thread in the head unit section that i believe is pinned but see if your headunit is in there, its called what volume do head units clip at

ps welcome to the forum

Edited by jrchevy87

12's and 10's and "punchiness" dont correlate. get that dumb misconception out of your head.

only other way to accurately measure clipping is using an oscilloscope, which are generally more expensive than a dd-1 because they have like 1000's of other uses than to test an amp.

very first upgrade i would do is the big 3. theres a tutorial in the elecrical section of the forum on how to do it correctly. that should help minimize your dimming problem and may raise your voltage up a couple tenths too (mine went up like .5 over stock wiring which is like 8 gauge)

DD1 is the cheapest way to find out clipping of a head unit.

I would grab an amp like this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-American-Bass-HD-1500-Digital-Mono-Amp-1500-Watts-HD1500-/280840698209?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item416368f961 american bass is really good, and thats a great price.

And an Obsidian 12 or 15. Dual 2 ohm, run it at 1 ohm. http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

should get plenty loud for under $350

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

i think mine is 136 amps if that sounds about right. and by extra battery like using a relay to jump over the the one in the back after the car is started? and about the 12's 10's things. to my knowledge 10's sound better for metal because they produce tighter more punchy bass (which is better for like fast kick drums) vs 12's cant reproduce as fast. and thanks

Edited by Mikey Bates

DD1 is the cheapest way to find out clipping of a head unit.

I would grab an amp like this... http://www.ebay.com/...=item416368f961 american bass is really good, and thats a great price.

And an Obsidian 12 or 15. Dual 2 ohm, run it at 1 ohm. http://obsidiancarau.../index.php?id=6

should get plenty loud for under $350

that amp looks like audiopipe quality. a magical 1500w for $150. dirty ass power im sure.

correction, american bass VFL series are good. the vfl series 1500w amp will be like $300

i think mine is 136 amps if that sounds about right. and by extra battery like using a relay to jump over the the one in the back after the car is started? and i want loud bass but with the two twelves its to bassy for metal. so i was thinking 10's would sound better and the extra power for when i want bass. and thanks

no you dont use a relay. just fuses and a piece of 0 gauge.

if its too bassy then turn the amp down. there is no point in downgrading sub sizes for wanting quieter bass sometimes, but louder bass other times.

edit: no. your knowledge is wrong on the "fast" and "slow" crap. they do the exact same thing. 10's to 18's. just as fast. im telling you now so you dont get ass raped in the future by other members.

Edited by Kranny

i think mine is 136 amps if that sounds about right. and by extra battery like using a relay to jump over the the one in the back after the car is started? and i want loud bass but with the two twelves its to bassy for metal. so i was thinking 10's would sound better and the extra power for when i want bass. and thanks

You won't need no relays, isloators. Alien traps or anything... Postive and negative runs to each battery is how you do it. With the 2 ends on the postive fused to the wires limits.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

10's dont sound any better than twelves do its all about the box, i used to think that too till i played some slipknot on my brother in laws explorer with an 18 tuned to 32 hz on 1000 watts and it sounds friggen awesome, i also have a twelve in my jeep and i cant distinguish a difference between the 18 and 12 except that the 18 is way louder lol