EXOContralto Shatters His Window With Bass!

But if the SPL was so high in your vehicle (as you claim) then the window would have shattered outwards...I'm telling you, somebody threw a rock at your car. You didn't notice them because of the volume. :rofl:

I never once said the SPL was so high, infact I said all the windows where down except the window that broke. Also there was no one around to throw a rock.

No, but you implied it. The point is, something else (other than bass) caused the shattering. The vibrations may have contributed to it, but it wasn't the sole cause. That's not the only Tahoe around with a big system in it. ;)

Good thing its a Tahoe!

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

my alpine type xs broke my windshield...............................cuz it rattled my rearveiw mirror off thus swinging into my windshield hung by the wire for the lights on the mirror and cracking my windshield really bad dont have pics but just saying it wasnt the bass that broke the window it was something else maybe caused by the bass and made that something break the window not the pressure its self .

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

I dont think you are thinking this through clearly and instead are just getting defensive. Im 110 percent in agreement with jeff. Im willing to bet that the bolts that secure the window to the track came loose and caused the window to smack off it or the track and popped it. a 152 is not going to bust a window. Also a stripper pole is to reinforce the roof stopping the roof from flexing near the windshiled and causing broken windshields.

Sorry dude I know Exo is your boy and all but rick had that truck and demoed the shit out of it without that ever happening. Its a freak occurrence with an outside anomaly causing it. not the same install that ricks had in there for a long time.

An angled stripper pole like pipos or Tommy's does not help stop the windshield from breaking, infact it will make the window break easier. The correct way to do a stripper pole would be straight up and down... but when we replaced the window we inspected the inside and it was nothing internal that caused it...

you're fucking with me now right? Or did exo tell you this? If its the latter I can see why you are coming off retarded.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I dont think you are thinking this through clearly and instead are just getting defensive. Im 110 percent in agreement with jeff. Im willing to bet that the bolts that secure the window to the track came loose and caused the window to smack off it or the track and popped it. a 152 is not going to bust a window. Also a stripper pole is to reinforce the roof stopping the roof from flexing near the windshiled and causing broken windshields.

Sorry dude I know Exo is your boy and all but rick had that truck and demoed the shit out of it without that ever happening. Its a freak occurrence with an outside anomaly causing it. not the same install that ricks had in there for a long time.

An angled stripper pole like pipos or Tommy's does not help stop the windshield from breaking, infact it will make the window break easier. The correct way to do a stripper pole would be straight up and down... but when we replaced the window we inspected the inside and it was nothing internal that caused it...

you're fucking with me now right? Or did exo tell you this? If its the latter I can see why you are coming off retarded.

LoL... maybe he's just retarded himself, you left that option out.

also makes me wonder why my side windows didnt break?

iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/PZisWQN9CyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Because windshields aren't supposed to shatter...

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So explain it to me like they explained it to you. Go ahead Im listening teach me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i broke the windshield of my 93 corolla with 2 mtx thunders and a lanzar amp... but it may of had to do with the time a rock fell off a truck on the highway but i blame the bass

moral of the story even drunk as fuck i don't believe it was bass that broke the window

you win some, you lose some

But I'm not going to sit here and argue with people that weren't there and that didn't replace the window. Where as I was in the back seat when it happened and helped replace the window. It was from bass, have a good day :D

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Archived