1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

I like it man, But I agree on figuring something out for those hinges. They weren't exactly the beefiest back then.

At a shop I used to work at there was a guy who made his own hinges for the 80's-90's ford trucks. But I never saw him make them, just install them.

So I'm looking for some heavy duty hinges online and I"m not finding anything. But, what I may do, is just rebuild the hinges with new bushings and pins etc. Then I'll decide if I need to do anything further after that. I'll also have to decide what to do on the install still. I just went out and looked, and it wouldn't be that big a deal to add some steel to the seats and raise it up a few inches. SO that may be the best solution if I decide to not do the amps in the doors. I'm probably going to make a little block about 3" tall and sit on it and see how it feels to sit up that high. Probably better than just doing it.

The bushings and pins will help a lot for at least a year or two with the extra weight depending n how often you drive the truck. If it's just a show/comp truck they will last a long time.

Ya I don't drive it but maybe once a week, IF that. So I'm sure I'll be fine. The bushings and pins will only run me about $10.00 per door. I checked the pricing already. So I'm just gonna go as planned.

Graham, that is the way I'm most likely going. Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

Ok guys that's it for now. I'm going to see about how to get started with these soon.

Archived