1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ok so as this thing evolves I think it gets better and better and will be a great install. My personal feeling, but that's how I feel. Some other little changes:

Soundstream Pro Audio SME-804 8's will be replaced now by a pair of DC Audio Level 2 8's. I have to decide where I want them. I'd love to do them in the doors, and I think they'll fit pretty easily, but I'm not sure if they'll rattle the doors to hell! That's my first choice of placement. The second would be the kick panels, but the issue with that is deciding what to do about the emergency brake on the driver side. Otherwise there's plenty of space for them there. I would like to avoid the console if I could cause I'm going to build that for the tablet, and it's components, and I'd rather not have the direct vibration there.

Soundstream Rubicon 2.600 was going to be replaced by a Soundstream Rubicon 4.600 bridged. That is now also being replaced by a pair of Soundstream Rubicon 2.450's. I'll run one amp per mid bass for 450 watts at 4 ohms per mid bass.

So to clarify, the new equipment list looks like this:

Head unit - Alpine CDA-9886 Pioneer DEH-80PRS

AUX - Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet - All the goodies to go with it, i.e converter box, etc

Front Stage:

Tweeters - Soundstream Pro Audio SST-20 Carbon Fiber Super Tweets

Mid Range - Soundstream Pro Audio SM.654P 6.5"

Mid Bass - Soundstream Pro Audio SME-804 8 DC Audio Lvl 2 M2 8" D2's (Sealed at .7 cu ft - either in the doors, kick panels, or center console build.)

Front Stage Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 4.600 4 channel amp - Tweeters and Mid Range

Soundstream Rubicon 2.600 2 channel amp 2.450 2 channel bridged (2 - 1 per driver) - Mid Bass

Rear Stage:

Tweeters - Soundstream Pro Audio SST-20 Carbon Fiber Super Tweets

Mid Range - Soundstream Pro Audio SM.654P 6.5"

Rear Stage Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 4.600 4 channel amp

Subs:

DC Audio Level 2D2 8's x 4 at a 1 ohm load Level 4 D2 M2 12's

Enclosure:

Approx - 4.58 cu ft gross, tuned to 35.25hz, for a net of 3.28cu ft giving me .82 cu ft per sub. 6.51 Net, Tuned at approx 35 hz

Sub Power:

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D (1 ohm load x 2 (strapped at 2 ohm load)

Blackedout - I'm gonna take your advice and design a rear seat amp rack. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to fit all 6 amps on there, or if I should just put the two sub amps in the truck box with the subs. I think that would actually be best. Probably less crammed looking on the back seat. I'll just have to figure out how to run power. I'm gonna make something up today or tonight.

LOL and just think we were actually discussing how heavy your doors would be with amps in em but nooooooooo now he is going to run DC 8's for Midbass :rofl:. This build has taken quite a few changes already and it has only just begun :rofl: I refuse to let you get ahead of yourself this time around.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

LOL and just think we were actually discussing how heavy your doors would be with amps in em but nooooooooo now he is going to run DC 8's for Midbass :rofl:. This build has taken quite a few changes already and it has only just begun :rofl: I refuse to let you get ahead of yourself this time around.

Nope, I'm right on track! I've got the designs going well. I was just thinking about the tablet design a few minutes ago. Things are going to go smooth this time around! I don't want it to get too out of control. I'm thinking strictly audio!

Sounds good man. I'll add a little more inspiration if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.stevemead...back-amp-racks/

I have actually seen that and I almost did that in the civic, but I had thought of the drawer design instead. I was actually thinking of it last night, but didn't have a chance to look for it again. Thanks for the link.

I need to learn how to weld damn it!!! Some of this would be easier mentally if I knew how to weld. I keep going, "well I could do this, or do that, oh no I can't cause I can't EFFING WELD"!

I was looking at the bed last night, and I'm gonna have to get the box back out and throw it in there. It may in fact slide all the way under the rail. I don't recall it actually doing that, but I need to throw it back in there to be sure. If it does, that helps me cause I could slide the box all the way to the bed wall, make my cuts, and I'm hoping that the accordion thing will connect to all of it so it would alleviate the need for the metal frame to stop the moisture from getting in, as I discussed before. That was one thing I need welded.

The other thing I was just thinking about was if I move the batteries from the box to somewhere else, if I can't get them under the hood, I was thinking about doing a welded box under the cab of the truck. There's so much damn room under there, I could easily get them in there. But again, I don't know how to weld.

Maybe it's about time to start. Get a small welder off craigslist, check out you tube and google and get busy?!?!?!

I need to learn how to weld damn it!!! Some of this would be easier mentally if I knew how to weld. I keep going, "well I could do this, or do that, oh no I can't cause I can't EFFING WELD"!

I was looking at the bed last night, and I'm gonna have to get the box back out and throw it in there. It may in fact slide all the way under the rail. I don't recall it actually doing that, but I need to throw it back in there to be sure. If it does, that helps me cause I could slide the box all the way to the bed wall, make my cuts, and I'm hoping that the accordion thing will connect to all of it so it would alleviate the need for the metal frame to stop the moisture from getting in, as I discussed before. That was one thing I need welded.

The other thing I was just thinking about was if I move the batteries from the box to somewhere else, if I can't get them under the hood, I was thinking about doing a welded box under the cab of the truck. There's so much damn room under there, I could easily get them in there. But again, I don't know how to weld.

Maybe it's about time to start. Get a small welder off craigslist, check out you tube and google and get busy?!?!?!

Okay so "Just Do It" lol You know you want to learn so just go for it no harm in having fun with it plus since you're waiting on me for something you got some time on your hands :rofl:.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Waiting on subs too! So you're right I got time on my hands. Need to change that request btw, in case you didn't see the new list of equipment.

Just emailed Mike Singer about alts!

So guys, XS3100 batteries in the back? What about the front for my 7.5L motor and accessories? Or just throw one there too?

That looks like damn well built truck box. I thought about something like this for the blowthrough I am about to start. But I don't have the welding skillz to modify the box if needed. I love this idea. Cant wait to see it done. :popcorn2:

Archived