1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

I never clamped them. I don't have the equipment to do it. I like them though. They seem to do good. Get a little on the hot side but other than that I've had no problems with them shutting off, or smelling, or anything like that. Other than that I don't have much to report really. Sorry, wish I could help more.

Its cool. Looking at a BC2000 or now a Soundstream Rub 2500..soundstream being a little less I just wanted to see how they hold up and what your experience is. If youre happy with it and it doesnt do anything but run a little hot thats a +1 for soundstream. I'll just keep my eye out for other builds with em. Enough getting you off track. Nice build BTW...diggin the box design.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks. I was seriously considering the Crescendo stuff myself! But right now I'm about 2 speakers, a set of coaxials, and 2 amps away from a full on set up! No changing now!

So I was going to swap the 4ohm mid ranges to 8 ohms. WHy you ask? Well I'm running 4 6.5's per door, and was going to bridge a 4 channel amp per door. They'd have to be 4 ohms to do that. But I found out I have 6 of the 8 mid ranges I need already for the front doors, so I'm gong to stick to that, get a final 4th set, and then I'll need one more 4.600 to run them on one speaker per channel for 100 watts each. If you're not following that's 400 watts of mid range per door. So I'm about $200.00 away from having all the equipment for the front doors.

Overtime is working and I'll get those asap. But in the meantime, I'm gonna get started on the center console and the sub enclosure.

I'm deciding if I wanna go pro stuff or coaxials for the rear doors. I have an amp to run either way, I just have to decide how I want to approach it. It's not a priority at the moment. I have only fronts now, and the kids can hear them just fine. With two bullet tweets, and 4 mid ranges, they should be fine. But in case not, I wanna make sure they can have clear sound.

Only other thing I need for the whole build equipment wise is the second 1.2500D. Still have to send away the first one for replacement. They want a $20.00 cashiers check for shipping back, which I think is BS, but like I said, things have been tight so that's even hard to do right now. Soon though!

So lots going on, but building will for sure start here very very very soon!

GOT WOOD!?!

IMG_20120818_130527.jpg

Hmm that looks like enough birch, yes I said birch, to do a few doors, a center console mid bass enclosure and a huge 4th order enclosure! Alas, it's not all for that. I have a little side project going for my fitness center. BUT, 5 of the 7 sheets of 3/4" are for the build, and so is 1 of the 4 sheets of 1/2"! Whatever I don't use for the shelf I'm building, I'll have for the build! WOOT! Getting closer!!

GOT WOOD!?!

IMG_20120818_130527.jpg

Hmm that looks like enough birch, yes I said birch, to do a few doors, a center console mid bass enclosure and a huge 4th order enclosure! Alas, it's not all for that. I have a little side project going for my fitness center. BUT, 5 of the 7 sheets of 3/4" are for the build, and so is 1 of the 4 sheets of 1/2"! Whatever I don't use for the shelf I'm building, I'll have for the build! WOOT! Getting closer!!

Ahhh yeah!!!

It's on now!!! :clapping:

:popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

i like the truck build bro..................i need to know who did the FORD emblem.............thats exactly what i was thinking about

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

GOT WOOD!?!

IMG_20120818_130527.jpg

Ahhh yeah!!!

Yes very soon. I'm doing a project atm, but when that's over I'll be stating on the sub enclosure. The leftovers from that, will be enough to do the mid bass enclosure.

i like the truck build bro..................i need to know who did the FORD emblem.............thats exactly what i was thinking about

If you're talking about the whole thing, I built the whole emblem. Needs sanding and painting over, but I like it. The logo is a sticker on some 1/4" plexi and the frame is mdf. The sticker itself I'd have to look for where I got it. I think I linked it on here somewhere but I don't know for sure. If I did, its where the temp truck box build is taking place on here. I'm on mobile now, so I don't have where I got it. I may have just done a Google search for large ford logo sticker or something like that. But I'll look when I get home.

GOT WOOD!?!

IMG_20120818_130527.jpg

Ahhh yeah!!!

Yes very soon. I'm doing a project atm, but when that's over I'll be stating on the sub enclosure. The leftovers from that, will be enough to do the mid bass enclosure.

If you're talking about the whole thing, I built the whole emblem. Needs sanding and painting over, but I like it. The logo is a sticker on some 1/4" plexi and the frame is mdf. The sticker itself I'd have to look for where I got it. I think I linked it on here somewhere but I don't know for sure. If I did, its where the temp truck box build is taking place on here. I'm on mobile now, so I don't have where I got it. I may have just done a Google search for large ford logo sticker or something like that. But I'll look when I get home.

well i may have to steal that idea..........................i need one maybe 3/4 that size................i like how you got all that equipment behind the seat and looks good as well............shit aint easy

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Well it wasn't as great as I thought it was. It really made for an uncomfortable ride for my boxer, who lays on the floor between the seats. She had a hard time stretching out. Not great on a 2 hour truck ride. So, I'm going to take the enclosure part out and then I'll be able to slide the seat back again.

The final amp rack with the 2 1.2500D's on the back wall, will not be that thick, and will allow for the seat to stay all the way back, unlike now.

Btw, I think this is where I got the logo at but I'm not 100%. Too much has gone on between then and now. But just do a google search for "Ford Blue Oval Logo" and you'll find something.

Ok folks, so I think we got some stuff worked out on the amps! Been struggling on how to get all the amps proper signal and how to hook it all up correctly. With the help of Dre (Ibleedmusik) and some mind boggling thought processing, this is what we've come up with!

The head unit has a processor built into it, and that's great for tun ability, but only has 6 channels out of it (3 sets of left and right; Front / Rear Sub). I have seven amps going in. Not all 7 need a channel specifically, and that's because some of them are doubled up. The Sub amps are going to be strapped so I only need to run channels to the master amp then Pass through to the slave amp. The Mid Range amps (yes amps) are going to be run split off a left and a right channel. I'll explain more in a moment. Tweeter amp needs two channels, mid bass amp needs two channels, and the rear fill amp needs two channels.

So here's the breakdown:

From the head unit front channels - RCA's will go into an AudioControl Matrix Plus - Front channel goes to tweets - Rear Left Channel goes to the Mid Range 4 Channel amp for the driver side mid ranges - Rear Right Channel goes to the Mid Range 4 Channel amp for the passenger side. - Sub Channels go to the Mid Bass amp. This alone takes care of 4 amps. See what I meant about the mid range amps getting split. I have a left and a right side for mid range, and each side has it's own dedicated amp for the 4 mid range in each door. So the passenger side gets the right channel which will get split into two channels into the amp. The amp has a 2 or 4 input switch. So it can be run on a 2 channel input.

From the head unit rear channels - Rear fill 4 channel amp. Again, 2 ch input mode.

From the head unit sub channels - Sub Master amp - pass through to the Sub Slave amp.

So that's pretty much the way it'll go. I still don't know what I'm doing for tuning but I'm guessing that at some point, I'll figure it out!

So I'm hoping that the sub enclosure will start soon! I'll keep you all updated as I have more to update! Thanks for checking in!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you can call your 4th order huge after you see mine :P

I can't wait to see how your 4th order turns out. Should be great, mine sounds hella good. I got pics and a vid on my build log now.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Archived