First ever photorealistic Adobe Illustrator project

Nanosuit 2.0 from Crysis 2 created completely in Adobe Illustrator. The left is the wireframe of the graphic I made and the right is the finished product.

143exbo.png

This one, the left is my finished product and the right is the original I used as reference. The project was meant to make my finished product as photorealistic as possible. This project took over 40 hours to do.

13z4ohu.png

damn that looks pretty good!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

thanks, if i wasnt obsessive compulsive about detail, I wouldnt be very good at graphics, LOL I get very annoyed when making stuff like this, because it becomes very monotonous (example: each individual hexagon is different and created and edited by myself), however the end result is very rewarding. The entire thing is completely vector, its cool knowing I could have a 30 ft billboard of this image if I chose to and it wouldnt be distorted at all by getting enlarged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

is it 3D or is they just the effect of what you made. I am a noob with illustrator but i know a little about it. And i dont remember doing any 3D in that program in my class. Just wondering. Looks crazy good bro, my projects were definitely no where close to this kind of work. lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

• 8 months later...

is it 3D or is they just the effect of what you made. I am a noob with illustrator but i know a little about it. And i dont remember doing any 3D in that program in my class. Just wondering. Looks crazy good bro, my projects were definitely no where close to this kind of work. lol

Its all 2D. Any realistic effect is given through using highlights and shadows and other effects within illustrator. There is some 3D you can do in Illustrator, but nothing of this caliber. Youd have to use maya or 3dsmax for that

Archived