Sundown Audio

soft playing on 1500 watts

Banshee421

hmm...just do like everyone else says. get a dmm and check everything...voltage at amp of power wire and rcas. and make sure they are plugged in good to the amp and radio. and make sure they are plugged into the sub outputs on the radio

if you got the gain knob set up on the amp, it controls it through the gain knob, and not the amp setting.

also you do realize that 3/4 of the gain still leaves 25% left? turn it up.

if you think your whatever other amp can do better than the skar amp, ship me the skar amp, ill take it :]

8ga power wire for the offbrand amp, i bet your seeing maybe 800 watts full clip.

post pics of your sk-1500.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

this same thing just happened to me where are you grounded? my money is on a bad ground.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

if you got the gain knob set up on the amp, it controls it through the gain knob, and not the amp setting.

also you do realize that 3/4 of the gain still leaves 25% left? turn it up.

if you think your whatever other amp can do better than the skar amp, ship me the skar amp, ill take it :]

8ga power wire for the offbrand amp, i bet your seeing maybe 800 watts full clip.

post pics of your sk-1500.

Full gain on 4 volt pre out ill try it but think it will be bad.

Yea ill ship it to you but not for free.

Im not knocking the company maybe bad amp. I have had a brand new tv in box not work right out of box before. So yea shit happens useally to me though.

look were you buy these things from though.

and it wont be bad.. theres nothing bad about your sub barely moving, just means something is turned down, somethings not plugged in, or a setting is wrong.

if the amp was bad i think it would have smoked, or straight protected out the box. (just a guess)

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i wouldnt turn the gain up full blast until you find out what the problem is. when it happened to me i almost blew my subs by maxing out the gain for only half a song, be careful you could damage your amp and subs if it is a bad ground and you just max everything out.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

if you got the gain knob set up on the amp, it controls it through the gain knob, and not the amp setting. also you do realize that 3/4 of the gain still leaves 25% left? turn it up. if you think your whatever other amp can do better than the skar amp, ship me the skar amp, ill take it :] 8ga power wire for the offbrand amp, i bet your seeing maybe 800 watts full clip. post pics of your sk-1500.
Full gain on 4 volt pre out ill try it but think it will be bad. Yea ill ship it to you but not for free. Im not knocking the company maybe bad amp. I have had a brand new tv in box not work right out of box before. So yea shit happens useally to me though.

What volume do you have the headunit on when you try gaining it? It's probably not the amps fault right now. User error.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

wait so lemme get this straight its best to have the sub level on the deck all the way up to get the most output for the subs?

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

wait so lemme get this straight its best to have the sub level on the deck all the way up to get the most output for the subs?

Go start another thread would be my suggestion. This thread is so filled up with so much crap it isn't funny.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived