Second Skin Audio

Tutorial And Link For The Calculator I Use

andym85

Guest Nismofreak

first off the measurements you give, give you a gross volume of over 16cubes..which is way to big...so you need to play with the dimensions and port dimensions until u get it to where u like it...

here is what i came up with last night nismo...and this is what it should look like

its 1.9cubes/sub tune at 32ish

Posted Image

thanks dude...guess it will take some practice to be a master of this program lol

think i'm gonna grab that one if my computer can use it since it doesnt have excel installed on my comp. looks a lot simpler than the one i have now atm

EDIT: ahhh hell. it wont work. maybe when i upgrade my comp in a month or two

For those that are having problems loading this up and/or don't have Microsoft Excel installed, there is a "viewer" that may be able to help you out. I am not sure if you can modify any sections with the viewer or not though as I don't use windows. Anyways, here's the link to download the viewer.

XLS Viewer

Hopefully that worked and will work for you all..

For those that are running a *nix operating system, OpenOffice Calc will load .xls files. I use it here without any problem.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

plz make this change to two equations:

copy and paste the following formula into cell H17 =if(a21<=L17+(j7-b18),A21-L17,j7-L17)

copy and paste the following formula into cell I30 =if(a18=0,c25,a21+a9)

the first equation was changed b/c it kept giving you a -.75 output for L2 (which is b/c i tried to incorporate the thickness of the baffe into the tuning equations...and it didnt work there)

the second equation was changed to incorporate the thickness of the baffle into the actual legnth for the tuning equatin

i likes me some audio stuff...

I just tried changing those, but, now nothing is working. I think it's a linux thing, but not sure.

probably aint gonna make that much of a difference anyways...unless the wall ur port is on is a few inches thick...but i will upload a updated version later!

i likes me some audio stuff...

• 2 months later...

Hey matt, i was told that maybe you can help me out:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=17501

2 Orion HCCA 15.4's

half wall setup with backseat out

3cf per chamber tuned to 35Hz

145.3DB @38Hz in DB Drag Super Street 1-2

Rockford T30001BD

Hifonics BXI 1006 2-channel

200amp alternator

0ga welding cable power & ground (the big 3)

Two runs of positive

Optima RedTop upfront

2 Interstate SRM-27 marine batteries in trunk

JVC deck and Phoenix Gold line driver

Rockford Fosgate T162C in front doors

Rockford Fosgate T162C in custom fiberglass pods

Rockford Fosgate T1692C in stock location

More fosgate component speakers to come

Archived