Second Skin Audio

DCON 12-S4 box for 03 Jetta

I will be buying a DCON 12-S4. I have the specs for a box that is ported. My issue is that I think a top firing and top porting box will be better for a 03 Jetta. I plan on cutting holes in the rear deck to allow the sub to port into the cabin area. Any other Jetta owners with ideas? I dont want the back seats open. I also feel I can make the trunk area look cleaner this way. I will either recover the rear deck with carpet or cover the holes with speaker grills. Any Ideas would be great.

Trunk type of vehicles are usually recommended port/ sub back firing or front firing.

But if you make your box with same or very similar height and depth then you can easily try it upwards.

The SSA DCON is a more a SQ type of sub, if you intend to get loud there are alternatives.

no actually that's not true, joe.

some people have done forward firing subs and sideways firing port. and hit fifties out of the trunk.

sometimes people have really tall shallow trunks and subs upward can work as long as it's short enough.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

in my hatch i had sub back port side an got better numbers,

i thing it comes down to box and car,

i now have that setup in a large car(same box)

and the numbers were 12db lower, but less then 2 db, difference between the 4 directions of the sub,

but i personal find i get better sq with rear facing/side port and offset to one side

Archived