Where dB Drag use to be........

You guys are really showing your age. LOL. in my personal opinion, I'm going to have to agree with Kimo 100%. It's the generations. Not all of us from the "z" genration have the same expectations. I know when I first started getting into audio I was way to scared to get into the lanes, but that's because I had no fucking clue. Till people like Bill and Ray actually gave me advice and pointers. Now I could give a shit. If I'm out in the first round. To me, it's not about winning, it's about having fun. I'm not saying you have to compete to have fun, but you've already driven to the show, why not pay a little more and compete.

And another thing with my generation of bass heads, most of us are young guys, not all, but a good amount. And some of us don't have steady jobs to pay for entrance fee's and such. Luckily enough for me I have a job where I can bust my ass feeding fat white people burritos, which supplies me money for my addiction. Some kids only have enough to just buy equipment. Honestly, shows need more advertising.

i think that is true somewhat. but yet again if we have money to drive x hours to a show what is 30 extra bucks? then again mommy and daddy could be paying for the system, the car, and gas in some situations.

i feel you fizzy instead of making the burritoes im bringing them out to people and park peoples cars when they go to eat. aaha. yet again, it feeds the hobby with funds

edit: i suck at writing, how many times am i gunna say "yet again" or "then again" damn ahah

who cares if we get knocked out early, leaves time for more demos and we can show off our cars, etc. i think our generation just wants it to come easy and just have the loud car for sure instead of putting in a lot of work to lose

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

part of the problem too if that new people to comps are clueless to where or what they would be competeing against...

i know for MECA is was told with 1 18"sub and a 80amp fuse in front of my 1200w sub amp i would have had to compete in a class where people with upto 3k watt amps and same amp fusing/sub cubic inches combo would compete..The guy running the show basically told me.."dude you will get crushed in this class, dont compete unless you put a 25amp fuse in for the 80 to drop you 2 classes.." so with that I didnt bother to sign up as I would have just been paying to get metered and not even be competitive...havent been to shows in years because it always seemed disorganized and the classes where always unbalanced..just my experiences

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

seriously my first show i went up against a guy who had 15,000$ install from futureshop consisting of 8 12s and like 8000+ amp power both are vehicles were walled and so we had to be same class so at first i was like fuck this guys going to own me but then i remembered wait futureshop did install its more bells and whistles then loud.... so i pull up in lane with my single 9515 in a wall and my crossfire vr4000 and i was somewhat prepared (i knew what my car peaked at cause i was testing earlier before show )

and turns out i beat the guy with a 144.8 db haha and i almost shit myself when i won with such a low score... i was giving demos all morning knew nothing about batteries/charging systems was a complete noob but that gave me confidence and thought i could take on anyone in the lanes

0707071532.jpg

Picture116.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I must say that I am impressed with the "discussion" and that it hasn't turned into a "bitch" session.

Personally, going from being "in" the lanes and now "running" the lanes I really hope to be able to bring back the actual "reason" for having a soundoff. The original intent was to show case car audio and be a marketing tool for shops. Obviously we have gone away from this and with multiple orgs competing against each other it does not help the cause.

I completely understand with it being overwhelming for first timers to a competition. However, with the internet and forums like this I have little sympathy as the information is readily available. Now having funds for competing is totally understandable in any generation or economic situation. Again majority of the sport consist of men and lets be honest Men are going to spend money on one hobby or another none of which are cheap unless you take up knitting.

In all reality I think for us to think of it getting back to where it use to be is far from happening. I do believe we can improve the competition scene by having multi-org events. Take the best of it all and have some fun. Take from the "Z" generation and expect the show to be some place positive to hang out and consult with fellow bass heads and car audio enthusiats and less like our generation where we are in this shit to WIN!!!!.

Archived