Sundown Audio

4channel thermal issue?

Right ... And then shutting off at mid volume..??? Hmm, anyway to find another amp, and slap it in??! And See what happens.???

i dont have another amp.

A buddy or something? Just to see?.. Damn bro, sorry for the downer...keep us informed one way or the other eh!?

ill see what happens tomorrow i guess. thanks

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

bump for any other opinions

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Right ... And then shutting off at mid volume..??? Hmm, anyway to find another amp, and slap it in??! And See what happens.???

i dont have another amp.

run a dc 175.4 and see if it dose the same

i dont have another amp.

Nvm what the op said.lol

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

i dont have another amp.

Nvm what the op said.lol

hope yall are joking.. i just said i didnt have another 4 channel

Shutting off at mid volume has to be an internal issue.

There's no way mid anything should hurt any amp. Mid to me means you can talk normally and it matches the volume.

I don't really know what to say other than warranty it or somehow get another amp to test (yes I know you don't have one, but it's really a good way to eliminate possible causes)

Your grounds are good, and by good I mean they aren't screwed under a seat so there shouldn't be an issue there.

Measure the voltage of THAT amp? I really don't want tot say its your vehicle, cause you know what your doing IMO.

I'm no amp pro or anything but.. Your electrical is good, rcas are good, speakers are good.. Really doesn't leave much.

Ohm load, or an amp issue is all I can guess

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Shutting off at mid volume has to be an internal issue.

There's no way mid anything should hurt any amp. Mid to me means you can talk normally and it matches the volume.

I don't really know what to say other than warranty it or somehow get another amp to test (yes I know you don't have one, but it's really a good way to eliminate possible causes)

Your grounds are good, and by good I mean they aren't screwed under a seat so there shouldn't be an issue there.

Measure the voltage of THAT amp? I really don't want tot say its your vehicle, cause you know what your doing IMO.

I'm no amp pro or anything but.. Your electrical is good, rcas are good, speakers are good.. Really doesn't leave much.

Ohm load, or an amp issue is all I can guess

I just relocated the amp to inside the cab and took it off the side. I measured voltage to see if there was some crazy drop between power and grounds. And it stayed above 14.

The amp is literally brand spanken new.

I hope it was just some thermal issue or something to do with the impedance.

I'm still waiting on UPS to deliver my othe mids but lord knows if they'll get here before 4

I just relocated the amp to inside the cab and took it off the side. I measured voltage to see if there was some crazy drop between power and grounds. And it stayed above 14.

I'm still waiting on UPS to deliver my othe mids but lord knows if they'll get here before 4

honestly do they ever? im lucky if i get my packages by 6 or 7pm

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

honestly do they ever? im lucky if i get my packages by 6 or 7pm

Lol yeah it didn't get there until about 8 or so.

But I figured it out. Some connections to the other missing mids were touching and causing the amp to protect. So it runs good

I just didn't see the clips hanging into each other. Stupid things

Oh well. Works and sounds great. Thanks guys.