battery not charging right?

pretty much, i took the dmm and my alt is charging my front battery just fine and reading 14volts but today when i put it on my back battery it was reading

12volts, when last week i checked it and it was 14volts, everything is wired just fine and shit, and not sure of the alt man..got it from autozone, i no my volt meter

is going bad cuz it reads some funky shit..there were times where it read 12volts and i put the dmm on my rear battery and it said 14 volts but not today

you see, this is what isnt clear. you said "yes" to my question on if you measure voltage at the same time on front and back. then you say you measure one, then a week later measure the other. so what did you actually do?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i will try to charge my rear battery then, i was gonna get a HO alt but im getting a new car within a year so didnt wanna waste the money, all i checked

yesterday is my alt and front battery and they both said 14 volts but when i checked my rear battery it was saying 12volts, so an hr later i checked it and

it said 13 volts, this never ever happened till today, why is that? my fuses are fine and ground, wiring is fine..could be the battery itself just going bad,

i work for dominos so i deliver pizza so idk if that could be why lol

Even if the battery was going bad,if the alternator was doing its job it should still read the same as the front battery in the back. It sounds like you have a wiring issue because even a low battery when the car is running will read what the alternator is putting out.If you want to really check if its the battery take it loose from the front and alternator and read it then go back about 3 hours later and read it again.I also suggest you get a new DMM before testing anything because you said its going bad which could also be giving you a bad reading.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

If you are having 2 different voltages, even while the car is running, then you have an issue with wiring.

-Take your dmm and measure from the + stud on the alt to anywhere on the engine block while the car is running. This will tell you where your alt is actually sitting.

-Then measure from front battery + to -. If it doesn't match what you measured at the alt, then you have a big 3 wire that is loose or corroding.

-Now test the back battery voltage. If this doesn't match the other 2, then you have a bad connection to the back.

As much of a pain in the ass it is, take a wire brush and clean all the connections, from + connections to grounds. Make sure all paint is sanded off at every ground. And get a new voltmeter.

Good luck

Edited by Lbox88

yep, definitely a wiring problem. something you think is correct, isnt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.