Sonic Electronix

I brought a set of Stinger Pro 4000 series 6ch 17f rca's today I am wondering if they will sound better than a set of Sony xplod ones I have the only reason is that the Sony ones look better and my amp will be mounted on the box so cosmetically it would look better. Will I notice any audible difference between the two.

Thanks in advance

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

in my opinion when youre running a long RCA I prefer to purchase more expensive RCA's because they are twisted together and have extra extra insulation on them to keep a clean signal. All the power wires in a car can cause alternator wine and bring unwanted signal into the music with cheap RCAs, so I get monster RCAs. Also nice RCA's will atttach onto your equipment better. I know some people tape their RCA's, but if you buy good ones they wont come off.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Ask someone who has spent a ton of money on RCA's and they will tell you without a doubt they make a difference.

I've used a great deal of different products over the years, and the old red n white radio shack RCA's still work great in some of my applications ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I made some from CAT5e screwing around one day and they do great in the house. I may try some in a car but I have shitloads of new ones so that me be WAY down the road.

I had some cheap RCAs I picked up from a Car Toys in Tacoma WA in my wifes car and the ends fell the fuck off. I don't go super cheap anymore...

fortunately i was blessed with an electronics retail job at one time and got to take home a large box of discontinued monster brand rca's thick ole ones too. I've never had a issue with alternator whine or anything like that. i generally heard that with any kind of analog signal "the thicker the cable the better"

You get what you pay for. I had used a pair of $5 junk RCAs just so i could do some playing around until my KNU came in the mail. The nice ones cleared up the hiss when the radio volume was at 0.

I have tried allot of different RCA's. The $5 are definitely crap, but if you spend anything over $25 your wasting your money. You won't notice a difference between your $20 rca compared to $100 RCA's. In a car atleast. Because the signal voltages are so high in car audio audio applications, you will never have to worry about signal interference that you would wory about in the home audio world. What you really pay for in RCA's in car audio is how durable they are

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d