I as many people have a tiny income to put towards audio equipment, but want a large bang. Everyone wants brand new name brand speakers, but most of the time you just get what you can.

Who has ghetto ass (excuse my language), or just plain old equipment that still bumps, screams and hits all notes!

I have had multiple conversations with companies about manuals and such, but i cant find them. If your labels are yellowed, cloth grilles are torn, post them here.

Reciever: Samsung SS-3490 (1972)

Bass-tweeter: JVC sk-30 (1983)

front: RCA sterio speakers (mid 90s)

Rear: Fisher PH-704 (late 90s)

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

You have little income cuz.....

Let me guess. You're 12?

Why should age matter, it is only maturity that matters. If it does matter to you, i am not 12.

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

Don't let these guys get you down. My first system was two jensen 300 watt amps running to two DVC 12's and some 4 channel running to jensen 6 1/2's and 5 1/4's the 12's were in a bandpass enclosure. It actually did pretty good for wal mart stuff.

First, I hope that's not you in your avatar.

Second, there's a difference between old and ghetto.

I know that there is a difference. If you find a stereo on the street for free that took a week to clean up and had to fix the foam surround on, and due to limited funds it is mostly electrical tape copper wire, would you consider that ghetto? The old was for true old equipment, it does not have to be ghetto, for example, My Samsung SS-3490, it is from the mid seventies, i have had it in storage since the eighties.

i dont know why anyone would bother with a "ghetto" system. if you like audio and cant afford something nice, then get a job.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

I said little income to put twords audio equipment, i have other things i would rather put my hard earned money towards. Also if you have older equipment that works to your standards, why replace it. Also if you came upon a free sterio system on the cur tb that produced good audio and only required maby an hour of reconstruction, would you take it. Or would you perfer to waste the money you could have used to take your girl freind out to a nice diner.

Recourcefullness ftw I say.

Don't let these guys get you down. My first system was two jensen 300 watt amps running to two DVC 12's and some 4 channel running to jensen 6 1/2's and 5 1/4's the 12's were in a bandpass enclosure. It actually did pretty good for wal mart stuff.

True thanks man, some have to work for the buck to get the bang, especialy in this economy

I said little income to put twords audio equipment, i have other things i would rather put my hard earned money towards. Also if you have older equipment that works to your standards, why replace it. Also if you came upon a free sterio system on the cur tb that produced good audio and only required maby an hour of reconstruction, would you take it. Or would you perfer to waste the money you could have used to take your girl freind out to a nice diner. Recourcefullness ftw I say.

Your basically talking about spending money else were other than audio. This is a CAR AUDIO forum, so most of the people here would what you consider "waste money" and get something better. I know I would :) the lady friend understands.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Archived