Sonic Electronix

memphis mojo's ripping apart. my fault?

usually prefab boxes are tuned above 40hz. play a song with 30hz tones and you got yourself a fucked up speaker. thats why EVERYONE on here will tell you to learn how to build your own boxes.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

so it my fault cause i didnt build a box for them

not necessarily, but its your fault for playing under box tuning. which doesn't help when there is a lot of rap music is under 40hz and your box is tuned to 40hz cause its a prefab p.o.s

a DD-1 alone wont gain match two amps. you can just use a DMM or tune the 1st amp with the DD1 then use a DMM to match the second one.

you can use the panel saw at home depot to cut down a sheet of wood. take the pieces home and glue them up. then all you need is a drill/driver and glue.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would say a mixture of enclosure, incorrect amplifier settings, and just not knowing how to play your system all contributed to this. You wanted one of the popular brands on this forum but still paid $800 for $200 subs. Find someone on the site who knows what they're doing close to you, sell the equipment,and start from scratch

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

not necessarily, but its your fault for playing under box tuning. which doesn't help when there is a lot of rap music is under 40hz and your box is tuned to 40hz cause its a prefab p.o.s

Prefabs suck..

But even still - if the subsonic filter was set right, over-excursion below tuning shouldn't even be a concern.

Prefabs suck..

But even still - if the subsonic filter was set right, over-excursion below tuning shouldn't even be a concern.

it probably wasnt set then. if something as simple as a subsonic knob wasnt adjusted correctly, i cant imagine what the other settings on the amp look like.

My mojo's did fine. In a box built to specs for them. and I played all kinds of stuff that was all over the place rap, rock, dubstep. And you could have just been playing them to loud for to long. Memphis dealers will tell you that since the Mojo was built pretty much only for competitions that you can only play them super loud for a little bit before they get warm and need to turn them down for a few minutes

Archived