Second Skin Audio

vinyl wrapping enclosures? UPDATE!!!!! pics posted up

ok first time attemting to fully vinyl wrap a box ive usually only ever had to do side inserts now i want to try how to do the whole box i have a pretty good idea but id like som input from you guys and if any links to tutorials or something. thanks guys

Wrap the box front to back,keep it tight. Careful on the corners. Your sides will still be bare, so you need to separately wrap end pieces and glue them on. use 1/4" mdf for the end caps.

wont look funny?

Thats about the only way to do it, vinyl isn't very forgiving like carpet so if you make a tiny mistake and cut a tad short it shows up and is impossible to cover. Make sure you use a very sharp blade to avoid having to try and trim bad spots. Other then that sounds like you have some experience so good luck, keep us posted on the progress.

I do vinyl for a living and personally I would buy very thin plexiglass and cover your box with the plexiglass using fine finishing nails. Then wrap over that. Vinyl doesn't stick well to wood IMO.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

I do vinyl for a living and personally I would buy very thin plexiglass and cover your box with the plexiglass using fine finishing nails. Then wrap over that. Vinyl doesn't stick well to wood IMO.

lol 250$ worth of plexiglass is not really i nthe budget at the moment box isnt exactly small lol

Wrap the box front to back,keep it tight. Careful on the corners. Your sides will still be bare, so you need to separately wrap end pieces and glue them on. use 1/4" mdf for the end caps.

also box is 48"wide 16"h 30"d dont think the vinyl will wrap front to back :/

im thinking ull have to do part of ur box then do another peice right next to it. like ur tinting your back window 1 sheet wont fit so u have to piece 2 pieces together perfectly i think that might work. never done it before just my .02

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Archived