I'm on page 2! :)

I had a sheet that was sitting in my screen room a couple of months, still in good condition, no swelling or anything. I'll be using that for the baffles, bottom, and hopefully one of the sides.

I went to Lowes and grabbed a second sheet of MDF. Had them cut it in 4 even sections cause a whole sheet is just too damn hard to work with on my teeny tablesaw. I also grabbed two 48" wooden dowels, hoping that will be enough bracing, and some Titebond III.

I measured and marked them for the front, back, one side, the port top, and both port sides. I still have another piece under those three that I could use if the big sheet of MDF ends up not having enough for one of the sides.

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

Cutting will start once my roommate wakes up to help me cut this behemoth.

IMAG0119.jpg

I hope to get all cuts done, and mostly set up with glue by tonight! :)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Good news is, I got all my cuts, except for my bracing and sub cutouts, done! Bad news is, I SUCK at woodworking!

IMAG0120.jpg

A bunch of the cuts ended up being 1/4-1/2" off. Nothing catastrophic, I'm sure that I can fix it with sanding or filling, and covering it with carpet, but still. I need to improve on my woodworking skills! Lol.

I guess as long as it' sounds good, that's all that matters though? Lol

Gonna take a bit of a break before gluing pieces together.

You will get better with time, keep up the good work! :BART:

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

Thanks man. :)

I passed out shortly after making those cuts (I work nights, so 5:30pm is like my 5:30am Lol) But I woke up an hour ago and got the first baffle and all the sides glued and clamped. I gotta wait for my roommate to wake up to cut the port opening cause I couldn't find the jigsaw Lol

IMAG0121.jpg

Doing that was torturous. One of my screen doors are broken so it lets all the mosquito's in. I'm itching all over now. LOL

Looks good man. Keep it up!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Awesome Setup

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks guys! :)

I went and lined the inside edges of off the joints with some more glue to make damn sure I wasn't going to have any air leaks. The box for my 10" had a couple of air leaks that I had to fix when I was done lol.

Haven't made a whole lot of progress since then. Couldn't find the jigsaw blade, and kept forgetting to get another one lol :P

Port opening cut out, first brace glued in and drying:

IMAG0123.jpg

Weighed down with the second baffle and bottom piece, a brick, a piece of scrap mdf that was from the cutout for my friends 18", and my port (I have the port all glued together ready to be glued into the box! =D )

IMAG0124.jpg

I hope to have a FUNCTIONABLE box done within the next couple of days. Making it pretty will come next week.

I've been slacking on my box, been busy between working and hanging with friends... And sleeping Lol.

My 1 15 wired to 2 ohms on my sae1200d (600wrms) has been impressing me and my friends even in an Home Theater box. My friend experiments with electronic music and noise and we were playing some of his stuff in my car. He made some "Dungeon Music", had like a rumbling low-20hz sinth in it. Was pretty ridiculous, flexing my roof a good inch lol.

I'm gonna need deadener eventually lol :P

But, I do have a nice update! I just ordered my second 15! Woot! :)

My enclosure is almost done! Hopefully I'll be able to test out the sound tomorrow night! Sorry for taking so long, been busy lol :P

I got my second 15 today! :)

IMAG0126.jpg

Archived