Second Skin Audio

6th order help for 2 dc xl 15s

You need know the net volume of each chamber and the length, the port cross-sectional area, and the t/s parameters of the sub to determine it's behaviour..BUT modelling software assumes constant cross-sectional area ports to determine tuning of each chamber and it's not the case with this design.. so you should ask the designer in any case, generally 6th order enclosure sound very loud but quality is bad, usually lots of group delay around the tuning frequencies.

I wouldn't build something like that unless I knew for a fact that it will work.

You need know the net volume of each chamber and the length, the port cross-sectional area, and the t/s parameters of the sub to determine it's behaviour..BUT modelling software assumes constant cross-sectional area ports to determine tuning of each chamber and it's not the case with this design.. so you should ask the designer in any case, generally 6th order enclosure sound very loud but quality is bad, usually lots of group delay around the tuning frequencies.

I wouldn't build something like that unless I knew for a fact that it will work.

I have no idea what you just said. I have never tried to design a box the right way. I was in class in designed this and thounght if I posted it here I could find out if it works

Edited by FosgateFeind