The No-wall Dead Corolla (End of the Road)

Hey look who finally paid them off. Good job, now you have 3 weeks to get a wall in for Forbidden Fantasy

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Hey look who finally paid them off. Good job, now you have 3 weeks to get a wall in for Forbidden Fantasy

LOL yeah right, three weeks my ass. This wall is gonna take a while. I have to save money for a vegas trip and a hawaii trip happening this year. lmao. It will happen though! I can't stand sitting here looking at them doing nothing.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

• 1 month later...

It's a sad day SMD.

I had some issues driving the car home yesterday, I was constantly jerking to sotps and getting bad screeching/crunching sounds. I thought maybe something had gone wrong with my brakes or possibly axle.

Nope.

The tranny is shot. Bearings are all locked up in the diff. So this means Lucy is finished. I hate to say it, but there wont be any wall in this Corolla. But mark my words, I will buy another corolla and wall it. It's just not worth the 4g's worth of repairs right now.

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

do it yourself..... its not hard. you can get a used tranny for that car for cheap.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

What this guy said ^^^, buy the repair manual and follow the instructions, it's kinda like a puzzle, take lots of pictures if you have to make sure that all the parts are put back where they should go.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Definatly, Hell you if you really want to be cheap Shop manuals can be found on line in PDF, you can just print it off. But a Chilton isn't that expensive. Find a good used tranny and swap it out. I mean, that is rear wheel drive right?

That is easy peasy. Like, a couple bolts for the shift linkage, and pop off the detent cable/arm. Unhook the speedometer cable, take off the starter, Use a screwdriver to turn the flywheel and take out those bolts, 6 or so bolts around the bell housing, and the cross member and pull that mother. Just put it back together in reverse.

Good luck man

If it's front wheel drive, then its not hard either, just need to pull the front wheels and a couple ball joints and pull the cv joints. That can be a pita but it's not too bad. Then the rest is pretty much the same. Of course you will want a way to hoist the front end of the car up so you can slide the transmission out.

I'd love to try and do it myself, but it's not the tranny alone. The engine is on it's way out as well. I've got mad sparknkock, bad piston rings and I can't evend rive the car up a big hill without blowing plumes of smoke out fop the tailpipe. I went through 3.5 quarts of oil in two weeks, lol.

Even if I did get the tranny done myself (wit a good streak of luck, I know NOTHING about cars) I'd still need a new engine.

My new job requires a car that can handle being driven all across southern California without problems, and I would not feel safe driving that after it getting repaired by someone (me) who is mediocre at repairs. I've got another car lined up though. My parents have an 01 Dodge 1500 that they hardly drive. It was given to them by my grandfather. My grandparents are buying a new car and are giving my parents their minivan, so the truck is being given to me. I'm one lucky son of a bitch to say the least, lol. So right now It just seems practical to drive the truck and move on from the corolla. It was fun while it lasted, but I just cant see myself putting more money into the car that isn't going to help build the wall. I've got a truck with 30k miles on it that runs great.

Plus, the truck has a camper shell on it :peepwall:

Archived