Sonic Electronix

Ditch the prefab, you can make a box for less than 100 that will sound 50x's better. Cvx's will eat up 1000rms in the right enclosure, I would break them in for a few days, then let a rip, but if you clip them to shit and they fail thermally that's on you.

What do you mean when you say clip to shit meaning the amp giving the subs to much power of not enough to do what i'm looking for or messing around with the bass boost. I asked kinda new to it i haven't had a bass amp clip on me in some years but i knew it couldn't power the subs so i wasn't surprised.

what audioshop do u work at so i can take ur job -.-

anyways build ur own box tuned to what u like id say 33-34 Hz i like mine low ^^ prolly take about 2 sheets of 3/4" mdf and lots of people on this site can design u a box. if u have an suv i already have 1 designed i can link to u if it fits

i own a vw jetta wagon is that good spacious enough from your design???

so for the mean time with my prefab box generally what should be a nice low bass frequency that should be good for those subs???

If the box is a prefab it is already tuned probably high around 40hz or higher. So you would have to be careful playing really low music.

Do you listen to mostly rap or what?

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

so for the mean time with my prefab box generally what should be a nice low bass frequency that should be good for those subs???

If the box is a prefab it is already tuned probably high around 40hz or higher. So you would have to be careful playing really low music.

Do you listen to mostly rap or what?

yea just about all the time i'm listening to christian hip hop.

Ditch the prefab, you can make a box for less than 100 that will sound 50x's better. Cvx's will eat up 1000rms in the right enclosure, I would break them in for a few days, then let a rip, but if you clip them to shit and they fail thermally that's on you.

What do you mean when you say clip to shit meaning the amp giving the subs to much power of not enough to do what i'm looking for or messing around with the bass boost. I asked kinda new to it i haven't had a bass amp clip on me in some years but i knew it couldn't power the subs so i wasn't surprised.

what audioshop do u work at so i can take ur job -.-

anyways build ur own box tuned to what u like id say 33-34 Hz i like mine low ^^ prolly take about 2 sheets of 3/4" mdf and lots of people on this site can design u a box. if u have an suv i already have 1 designed i can link to u if it fits

i own a vw jetta wagon is that good spacious enough from your design???

pmed u just get the dimensions at work tomorrow. while the back hatch is closed.

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

i can't believe this guy works at a shop :WTFBubble:

^ this guy. Lol

Everyone learns.

i wouldnt be a dick if he was some noob that was just getting into the game. we were all there at some point. but like this guy works at a shop and is making money installing systems for people. he should know these basic questions if he is professionally installing stuff in paying customers cars. like he obviously doesnt know what clipping is and thinks tuning the box is turning a dial on the amp. i want to know where this guy works so we can save the company money from having all the customers coming back in with warranty claims. and for people who dont buy warranty to not get an install from this guy.

the questions this guy is asking as installer is scaring me.

Agree, but hopefully the more questions we answer the better/ less scary he will get. I would love to have his job tho.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

^ this guy. Lol

Everyone learns.

i wouldnt be a dick if he was some noob that was just getting into the game. we were all there at some point. but like this guy works at a shop and is making money installing systems for people. he should know these basic questions if he is professionally installing stuff in paying customers cars. like he obviously doesnt know what clipping is and thinks tuning the box is turning a dial on the amp. i want to know where this guy works so we can save the company money from having all the customers coming back in with warranty claims. and for people who dont buy warranty to not get an install from this guy.

Agree, but hopefully the more questions we answer the better/ less scary he will get. I would love to have his job tho.

did he say he was an installer? or is he a floor man n just sells things to people

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

^ this guy. Lol

Everyone learns.

thanks man i really appreciate you looking out for me... i love my job too i put in overtime hours that i'll never get paid for yet i just look at it as i just love what i'm doing it so i don't stress the money plus i get dealer cost on everything which makes up for the overtime hours lol like the cvx 15s i got i spent 475 for the both after shipping.

it seems he is an installer?

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

^ this guy. Lol

Everyone learns.

did he say he was an installer? or is he a floor man n just sells things to people

i do both the only thing i don't do is install alarms and tune the bass on the amps to much cuz i know what i like and if i do something to screw my system up i know it was my fault but if i mess with a customer system and screw it up i'm liable.

no shit your liable. well ask away, we gotta make sure you know your shit for the good of the bass community if you are installing anyway.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick