Sonic Electronix

I would think the most simplistic way to tune your amp would be a DD1 for gains as using a 0-scope and ddm might be a hassle.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

no shit your liable. well ask away, we gotta make sure you know your shit for the good of the bass community if you are installing anyway.

how exactly do you set your amp to 20 hz if your amp only goes to 50 or 60 hz??? do you set it to the lowest it will go then tune the subsonic filter??? or does it even matter where the frequency is if your tuning the subsonic filter???

Ok here's a rough pic of my Nendo

It should look somewhat similar to your amp. The main things you want to focus on are subsonic, LPF, and gain. Other can chime in as I'm tired.

d91779ec.jpg

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

no shit your liable. well ask away, we gotta make sure you know your shit for the good of the bass community if you are installing anyway.

how exactly do you set your amp to 20 hz if your amp only goes to 50 or 60 hz??? do you set it to the lowest it will go then tune the subsonic filter??? or does it even matter where the frequency is if your tuning the subsonic filter???

I would think the most simplistic way to tune your amp would be a DD1 for gains as using a 0-scope and ddm might be a hassle.

which is better dd-1 or cc-1???

number 1, dd-1 and cc-1 are 2 different devices used for 2 different purposes. dd-1 is to tune you amp so yuo set gain correctly without clipping. cc-1 is to check crossover points calibration and gain matching.

and in response to your first question i have no idea what you are talking about. i am assuming you are trying to tune your sealed box with amp?

Edited by Bump4life

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

number 1, dd-1 and cc-1 are 2 different devices used for 2 different purposes. dd-1 is to tune you amp so yuo set gain correctly without clipping. cc-1 is to check crossover points calibration and gain matching.

and in response to your first question i have no idea what you are talking about. i am assuming you are trying to tune your sealed box with amp?

actually i'm not i'm tuning my ported super bass probox

DD-1 is mostly for tuning Gain and getting a clean signal to your amp. A clipped/dirty signal will destroy your subs faster than anything. CC-1 is for tuning crossovers for example Low Pass Filter(LPF) or High Pass Filter. Don't know if you can tune subsonic with it or not.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Ok here's a rough pic of my Nendo

It should look somewhat similar to your amp. The main things you want to focus on are subsonic, LPF, and gain. Other can chime in as I'm tired.

d91779ec.jpg

So that means you have everything turned down to the minimum. now to put it set at 30hz all you would do is adjust the gain and the subsonic but leave the lpf alone right???

actually i'm not i'm tuning my ported super bass probox

You can't tune the box as its already built. So all you have to do is set the subsonic on the amp and the gain and that is it.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

ok. you cant really "tune" a ported box with your amp. i mean you sorta can. ok so your box is tuned at a specific frequency. most likely it is a 45 hz + tuning. most prefab boxes are high tuned. most of the time you want to set your subsonic filter about 5 hz below tuning frequency to protect woofers. in your case, i would think that your port area on that box is too small and you may get enough pressure to save your woofers.

try this. set your subsonic at about 30 hz. and your LPF at about 80 hz and play a wider variety of music and make sure speker doesnt bottom out. ( you hear a click noise) or you here the woofer unloading where no tone is produced and speaker is flailing and moving air.

then set your gain accordingly trying not to clip.

you can adjust your subsonic and LPF to see what they do. the lower you set your subsonic filter, the more lowend you will bring out, but if you bring too much out you can wreck your woofers from unloading. find the sweetspot where you get most bass and lowend and speakers still protected.

Edited by Bump4life

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick