Second Skin Audio

Just be super careful with the heat gun. You can cook the material super fast and render it useless.

Personally I don't use a heat gun when installing any of our products.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Just be super careful with the heat gun. You can cook the material super fast and render it useless.

Personally I don't use a heat gun when installing any of our products.

with second skin neither do i.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah, maybe a hair dryer? not as hot. Just that im lucky if the temperature goes over low 50's here until mid may. I did notice that even if its 52 out when its sunny outside the car is alot hotter inside. That might be a good thing. If I put it on at room tmperature and the temperature outside goes way below freezing, will that hurt the deadner?

It can get as low as -35 F here in mid winter :S Not this late in the year though. oh my poor car.

Edited by Amart88

park your car in the sun. let it heat up. optimal temp is like 75 80 or so. just make sure you do a wipe down of the surface to remove any dirt. I did some more in my truck the other day and it was like 60.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Amart88, our products are not sensitive to temperature (with exception of out water based Spectrum products). So if you apply it durning the day when it's warm and it drops to -35°F tonight, it won't do a darn thing.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

usa_render4.png

Amart88, our products are not sensitive to temperature (with exception of out water based Spectrum products). So if you apply it durning the day when it's warm and it drops to -35°F tonight, it won't do a darn thing.

Well, it is to a degree (no pun intended), that's why I broke out the heat gun. It wasn't sticking very well in the weather I was working in. Just a couple of passes from the heat gun on low is all it took. It's a trick I learned from the good ole days of installing vinyl on transport trucks in the winter...

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Well, it is to a degree (no pun intended), that's why I broke out the heat gun. It wasn't sticking very well in the weather I was working in. Just a couple of passes from the heat gun on low is all it took. It's a trick I learned from the good ole days of installing vinyl on transport trucks in the winter...

He ment after its applied man. So make sure it's warm when you put it on after that doesn't matter I believe is what he is saying

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Correct, it doesn't like to be installed in cold temps.

usa_render4.png