no alternator has a ground stud..

use the mounting hardware there aka a nice bolt.. run 0g from that alt bracket to a strut tower or directly to your underhood battery ground

bc a alternator is a power source and needs a positive and neg to fully work that extra ground just completes it all

and people who have batteries in trunk for stock they think they dont need a big3 bc the battery is already so close to the amps..wll its the SAME thing in any other car .. upgrade all the wires

Use the mounting bolt as recommended above for your ground. Some alternators we build will have a ground stud installed, some will not, it depends on the design. On your application we would not be able to include the ground stud due to the design of the alternator case.

The ground we recommend for your alternator is directly to the battery negative.

• 1 month later...

the case of the alternator is where it finds its ground. if you ground something to a bolt on the case of the alternator that works the same in my opinion, did that in my cobalt

Yeah, I ended up doing 2 runs of 1/0 from the trunk batt(s) to the alt bracket for grounds. That should help. Also, Your Cobalt is hella' clean. it's what inspired me to do a large system in my pusuit (same car). I heard you are maybe doing a rebuild? I'll be tuned in.

the case of the alternator is where it finds its ground. if you ground something to a bolt on the case of the alternator that works the same in my opinion, did that in my cobalt

Yeah, I ended up doing 2 runs of 1/0 from the trunk batt(s) to the alt bracket for grounds. That should help. Also, Your Cobalt is hella' clean. it's what inspired me to do a large system in my pusuit (same car). I heard you are maybe doing a rebuild? I'll be tuned in.

yes sir i am, new subs should be here this week but its gonna be a minute till the new wall is built. all im gonna say is that its going to be a below 20hz monster.

yes sir i am, new subs should be here this week but its gonna be a minute till the new wall is built. all im gonna say is that its going to be a below 20hz monster.

Good shit. Hope everything works out for ya. ill be browsing your YT channel in the near future. I only got 2 btl 15's walled @33hz right now but I plan on running 4 for a next build hopefully. Space is always the tricky part with these cars.