Second Skin Audio

How Would You Build A Box With 8 12'' Subwofers

bass 4 love

WOW dude thats good, I'm really leaning toward that design but i would like for them to stretch across my backseat so maybe i need another 12

how are you going to wire 9 12s? I think that could be a problem for whatever amp you are going to be running. Are this single 2 or single 4 ohm subs?

Nice Bryan. I like yours more than mine.... lol. Maybe because mine lacks the strength on the top baffle.... :(

man you must not realize how quick i put that together

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

im pretty sure the subs he is getting from mtx are the single 4 ohm that way he can wire all 4 down to 1ohm on one amp and do the same on the other, or atleast i hope thats what he is doing

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Do the box, common chamber with the subs up and port up. Make sure you have plenty of port area.

Posted Image

This box is 52x60x20 With a port of 51x9x8 tuned to 31hz

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

As I told you months ago I think it's a retarded idea having a pile of junk woofers in a poorly designed enclosure it just isn't worth it. A single somewhat decent sub will sound 100x better and be louder and not take up half your boot. Wouldn't cost much more than 8-9 or the crap ones.

But, if you do have your heart set on 8, I would arrange the woofers on the baffle like this to make best use of area and to atleast try and get the subs to unload evenly.

Posted Image

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

As I told you months ago I think it's a retarded idea having a pile of junk woofers in a poorly designed enclosure it just isn't worth it. A single somewhat decent sub will sound 100x better and be louder and not take up half your boot. Wouldn't cost much more than 8-9 or the crap ones.

But, if you do have your heart set on 8, I would arrange the woofers on the baffle like this to make best use of area and to atleast try and get the subs to unload evenly.

Posted Image

And i have told you months ago, that I'm not about to spend a shit load of money on 1 sub!!!! I got my wagon for subwoofers not a subwoofer!! But i understand were yor coming from!

But why spend a shit load of money on 8 crap subs? It's unnecessary especially when you get chopped by people with only one woofer which is tuned for sound quality. But I guess each to their own :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Well you never listed car dimensions, so I guessed. I'd build something like this. Maybe different if I had car specs. It's 11.5 cubes net, with 144sq.in. of port. Subs up port back. Get me some specs of your cars max dimensions and I will whip you up a better drawing.

Posted Image

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

But why spend a shit load of money on 8 crap subs? It's unnecessary especially when you get chopped by people with only one woofer which is tuned for sound quality. But I guess each to their own :)

This is SMD people... if people want to run a off brand more power to them.. Not everyone has to run Fi, Re, PowerBass, etc.. everyone can run what they want.. and i dont think anyone here is in the position to tell anyone what they should run and how they should run it.. If he wants to run 8 offf brands let him do so.. THIS IS HIS BUILD.. On a different thread someone said in SPL, it is 80% enclosure and 20% woofer.. so.. As long as he is happy with the way it sounds, and the DB he gets, fucken let it go..

I am the same way.. I Do this for fun, i go out and comepete for fun.. I am not going to go out and buy all this bad ass shit and put myself in debt.. Obviously he has a budget, and he is building what he wants on his budget, unless you are going to donate him money for the woofers and everything QUIT FUCKEN BITCHIN!!!

Keep building your build bass4love, and as long as you are happy, thats all that matters.. go with the amps you wnat, and the subs you want.. I am not mad at you for having to stick in a budget and do what you can afford. Not all of us are professional bass junkies.. I have a budget on everything i do, that includes having to pay my own entree fee to compete, gas, and everything else.. I dont have stero equipment just given to me by sponcors..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Archived