Sonic Electronix

Well, my current setup is only able to be wired at 2 ohms or .5 ohms, and I have a 1 ohm stable amp. What would be (if any way possible) the easiest way to emulate additional speakers to bring the impedance to 1 ohm? Approx 1500 watts in this...Figured there would be some sort of temporary solution 'till I can buy my second amplifier.

POTATO!

What subs u using..sounds like dual 2 ohms u have now.why not just get the amp u need instead buying subs u don't need..what amp u have now?

Try 4 dual 4's. And you're kidding me right?

Just wire to 2 ohms, it really isn't all that difficult

Really? I thought it was. /sarcasm

But seriously, I know how to wire. Figured I'd ask a question. I'm always thinking of shit whether it's realistic or not, it's always at least worth thinking about. So thanks, but you can be a dickhead somewhere else.

POTATO!

Just wire to 2 ohms. If you try an add an artificial load to increase the impedance from .5 ohms up to 1 ohm - your amp will be splitting the power between powering that and the speakers, so you really don't gain anything. Rather, your subs will see less power than if you just wired to 2 ohms.

Oh, you really don't need to cock an attitude when fellow members are trying to give advice.

Edited by SnowDrifter

Nothing can emulate a speaker since its an electro-mechanical frequency dependent device.

You have three choices:

Wire 0.5 Ohms

Wire 2 Ohms

Use an impedance matching transformer but to handle that kind of power, you'd be spending more money than a 1 ohm stable amp.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Just wire to 2 ohms. If you try an add an artificial load to increase the impedance from .5 ohms up to 1 ohm - your amp will be splitting the power between powering that and the speakers, so you really don't gain anything. Rather, your subs will see less power than if you just wired to 2 ohms.

Oh, you really don't need to cock an attitude when fellow members are trying to give advice.

There's a difference in "giving advice" & being a smartass dick. Just because I'm thinking of ideas doesn't give a reason to be a dick. If it's not possible to do that, just say it's not efficiently possible...

Nothing can emulate a speaker since its an electro-mechanical frequency dependent device.

You have three choices:

Wire 0.5 Ohms

Wire 2 Ohms

Use an impedance matching transformer but to handle that kind of power, you'd be spending more money than a 1 ohm stable amp.

Thank you. At least your response is more than halfway intelligent :lol: just kidding. But really, thanks, I didn't know if there was a way...

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

Just wire to two ohms and be done with it. And I would quit it with the attitude because people that act the way you do don't last long on this forum.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

"Thank you. At least your response is more than halfway intelligent :lol: just kidding. But really, thanks, I didn't know if there was a way..."

:good:

Edited by Wicks

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Just wire to two ohms and be done with it. And I would quit it with the attitude because people that act the way you do don't last long on this forum.

Funny, I've lasted this long :shrug: Didn't do anything outrageous, just sick of people being dickheads over one question...

POTATO!