Second Skin Audio

RE Audio XXX 12"

AgentTyler

im not the op, but i was browsing and found this and got part numbers mixed up in my head and instead of posting a new thread (tried to help it be less cluutered, sorry guys) i figured id ask in here, but i later realized i was thinking sxx but the op was thinking the xxx series, i can get 2 new sxx10's for far less than $200, but id rather not run a xxx personally, but aside from the leads, ive never heard many bad things about the XXX, cept its too heavy for my car, so OP i am sorry for cluttering this up, the xxx gets my vote assuming u can find a way around their notorious blown leads....

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

my leads blew out on both woffers on the split coil design i now have teh 2011 coil and WOW! amazing! its all one coil too! the XXX's are very picky on box and air space but i have 2 right now in just a 1.75cu per woofer box tuned at 30hz with only 42sq in port area on the 2011 coil and they get LOUD! @.5ohm @ 4-5k rms im building a new box soon with 1.9cu and 56sq in port area @ 32hz this all out of a trunk rear fire there nice for Low end response depending on tuning after about 42-45hz they really drop Dbs but on a nice clean amp the SQ and punch is just amazingg!

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Crescendo Audio 3500 @ .5ohms

Soundstream EGA4220

Fronts German Mestreo 6.5 Component Set 110Rms

Rears RE XXX 6.5 Component Set 2ohms 220RMS

1 Dyralast Gold 1000Amp Battery

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

DC Power Inc 270XP Amp Alternator

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

my leads blew out on both woffers on the split coil design i now have teh 2011 coil and WOW! amazing! its all one coil too! the XXX's are very picky on box and air space but i have 2 right now in just a 1.75cu per woofer box tuned at 30hz with only 42sq in port area on the 2011 coil and they get LOUD! @.5ohm @ 4-5k rms im building a new box soon with 1.9cu and 56sq in port area @ 32hz this all out of a trunk rear fire there nice for Low end response depending on tuning after about 42-45hz they really drop Dbs but on a nice clean amp the SQ and punch is just amazingg!

So even the newer models without the split coils still have that same problem above 45hz...

Nope I meant XXX like the original post. With what people are saying I don't know if I should lean towards these now. I was planning on buying a new car and then putting atleast one in there.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

OP. Where in MN you located PM me PLZ

im not the op, but ur about 2 hours or so from me...maybe an hour and a half, i forget lol

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

i got 2 RE Audio XXX 15" s in a 2.1 per chamber sealed box...bought new 3 months ago..No problems yet. Pushing them hard with a MA Audio HK-4000D. As far as how they sound..WOW.. I LOVE THESE SUBS..they hit the lows like you cant imagine..and very clear through the whole range.. I cant wait to hear them in 8 cubes vented

watt to DB ratio didn't show negative results when I plotted this sub on a graph against several other subs at a similar price point and it destroys everyone elses stats, I'm really starting to wonder what the deal is though, there are so many online retailers for this selling them for $600 or less each free shipping, I cant even find any info on SPL compition claims because there is so many retailers, must be in crazy mass production because the original price was $1500 each. VS many other subs at this price point this sub over all

Here it is

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/boxplot2.jpg/

I'm curious what kind of scores people are reaching with this thing

XS-power1.jpg

Archived