Sonic Electronix

Ive posted here before but never got any replies so i figured i would try again. I have a 65 malibu convertible and i am collecting all my componets for my system. Its been quite awhile since ive built a system, alot of new technology. So anyway i was wondering if a t-line subwoofer box would sound good in a convertible or some other type of box. Without any cabin pressure im not sure what route to go. im thinking 2 12's or 2 10's, what ever will sound better. The speakers i will buy after i decide what box to build because of the speaker specs. I dont want to buy a ported sub if its going to be a sealed box and visa versa. I also had a question about the headunit's subwoofer output, do most people run that strait to the amp or through an eq or crossover first? Not even sure if you can get a crossover or eq with a subwoofer input. Well any help for these 2 questions would be awesome.

no you do not need an eq or anything for your sub amp they all come with one built in.

on the convertible question i have no idea i would assume subs firing back to the trunk and the seats folded down would work best, you probably wont hear anything but rattles with the top down though.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

A T-Line will provide better low end extension since you won't have much cabin gain in the convertible.

You will want to find a way to direct the bass into the passenger compartment directly. I've seen a properly designed 4th order blowing through the rear arm rest opening work wonders.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

1st of all research how to build a transmission line box and see how big it will have to be for 2 ten inch subs. Secondly we can't say how a box is going to sound in a any type of car. We could all guess but after we did it would be a 50/50 split. All the questions you are asking can easily be answered by Google. There are a few hundred types of crossovers so spend a few hours and read up on them. Not trying to sound like a dick but spend a some time researching the equipment so you can be better educated and you won't get ripped on or ripped off.

Thnx for the help guys. Thats good news about the crossovers being built in. I have read every single article on t-lines and watched all the videos, but its remarkable how little info is on convertibles anywhere. If my research is right with either 1 or 2 subs the length of the port will stay the same but the width of the port will double.

Find out how to use torres box tuning calc on here and you'll be set on ported boxes.(it's very simple) Because a t-line might end up being wayy too big.

Shoot for 12-16 sq in of port per ft3 net.

Most tune between 32-36hz for daily but subs will vary. Just read,read and read some more and you should find all the answers you need.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets