$250 Budget for 4x6's and 6x9's

What's up all:

I'm working with $460 as of now.

$150 for a 4 ch. amp

$60 for amp kit

+ $?? misc battery terminals

and I'm left with roughly $250 to get some decent mids/highs for the interior in my "clients" 95 Beretta.

I've been looking at Alpine Type R's all the way around (he already has two 12" type R's in the trunk). That would keep me well below my price point of $260 for all 4. I'm open to any suggestions of brands/models that are known for SQ on a strict budget.

Thanks ahead of time.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

Kenwood exCelon, Pioneer, Infinity...

I agree with all of these. I've always been pleased with the Infinity 4X6s. I believe the tweeter portion is a silk dome, and they sound incredibly clean. However, you'll want to make sure to cross them over around 100-120 Hz. They will shit and pop if you don't. The eXcelons would be a great option too I'm sure. I was speaking about the Reference series 4X6s but I'm sure the Kappas sound great too. Likely the Kappas will want more power, and may have a lower impedance load(2 ohms possibly). Good luck with your quest to find something.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Kenwood exCelon, Pioneer, Infinity...

I agree with all of these. I've always been pleased with the Infinity 4X6s. I believe the tweeter portion is a silk dome, and they sound incredibly clean. However, you'll want to make sure to cross them over around 100-120 Hz. They will shit and pop if you don't. The eXcelons would be a great option too I'm sure. I was speaking about the Reference series 4X6s but I'm sure the Kappas sound great too. Likely the Kappas will want more power, and may have a lower impedance load(2 ohms possibly). Good luck with your quest to find something.

thank you very much. From searching around the web, I've found more positive reviews regarding the Infinity 4x6's more than anything.

Edited by focused313

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

circles or gtfo

Don't listen to him, he's a circle speaker jockey. Go with whatever you want. I prefer 6.5" in my front...I'm even fiberglassing my door for them.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

circles or gtfo

Don't listen to him, he's a circle speaker jockey. Go with whatever you want. I prefer 6.5" in my front...I'm even fiberglassing my door for them.

oh, I'm like what the heck, lol. In my own cars, I agree, I'm 6.5's comps all day, but I'm not custom fitting anything in his car. If I had the correct tools, I'd consider trying to put a 6.5 in that kickpanel. Heck, I may still try.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

You can ghetto rig a bracket if the magnetic doesn't get in the way of anything.. Did it in a chevy cavalier.

If you're gonna be a member here for a while..gotta get used to smart ass comments from these guys. :)

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

You can ghetto rig a bracket if the magnetic doesn't get in the way of anything.. Did it in a chevy cavalier.

If you're gonna be a member here for a while..gotta get used to smart ass comments from these guys. :)

I actually went to see the car again today just to check the clearance in his beretta, it just seemed tight and not wort the hassle. he seems to really want a separate tweeter, so comps would be ideal. There's nothing behind the kick panel but some sound deadener. I'll go back and trace it out tomorrow just to make sure.

lol, trust me, I've been on internet forums since I was using AOL free trial dial up disc.....it doesn't bother me. do you have any pics of that rigged bracket?

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported