Sundown Audio

Better SQ amp: MB Quart or Soundstream

adreano17

looking for a replacement for my RF 800a4. looking at oynx or another sound stream. price is a factor, what will be the more solid amp? open to suggestions.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

Change your title asap before you get locked, bro. No vs threads

It's hard to say between brands, they both have decent and not so decent amps. If I were really into SQ I'd definitely check out Soundstream Reference amps. Those have been my dream amps since they came out in the 90s.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

your going to get 50 different answers from 50 different people... The only real test to see what you like is to get both test them and make a decision on your own. Too many people have too many opinions.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

It's hard to say between brands, they both have decent and not so decent amps. If I were really into SQ I'd definitely check out Soundstream Reference amps. Those have been my dream amps since they came out in the 90s.

i made sure not to add vs, what should i change to? and are those better than the tarantula and rubicon? could you break down the lines in accordance to the superiority? (im new to soundstream)

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

your going to get 50 different answers from 50 different people... The only real test to see what you like is to get both test them and make a decision on your own. Too many people have too many opinions.

im open to the opinions, because im not open to my bank account lol

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

i made sure not to add vs, what should i change to? and are those better than the tarantula and rubicon? could you break down the lines in accordance to the superiority? (im new to soundstream)

I'd take the comparison factor out of your title

And IMO the Reference amps are the ONLY Soundstream amps worthy of the name they established back in the day. All the others, Rubicon, Picasso, Tarantula, are just middle of the line at best.

There a lot of technology in the Ref amps that they kept. Insane specs like 3000+ damping factor. These have nothing in common with the other lines they carry. Not trying to bash, just sayin.

2007 Pacifica

I'd take the comparison factor out of your title

And IMO the Reference amps are the ONLY Soundstream amps worthy of the name they established back in the day. All the others, Rubicon, Picasso, Tarantula, are just middle of the line at best.

There a lot of technology in the Ref amps that they kept. Insane specs like 3000+ damping factor. These have nothing in common with the other lines they carry. Not trying to bash, just sayin.

sounds good, just WAY out of my price range lol. they are just running some type s components. =/

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

I've heard the rubicons and they're ok. MB Quart Onyx aren't terrible, either.

It's only gonna sound as good as your worst component in the chain. Type S will sound nice with the right gear behind it. I cheaped out on my amp and that's why I'm not 100% happy with my setup.

2007 Pacifica