I got quoted over $1000 for a Compustar Alarm install? Is that too expensive?

Just skimming through your wants.

Vibration, knocking on the door: this isn't always a best way for a alarm trigger. I sure as hell don't want a motorcycle driving by or a loud truck to set it off every time and make me go look at my alarm going off for no reason. Also it pisses off the neighbors.

Siren, in reality, no one gives a crap about a siren going off except the owner of the vehicle. How often have you heard a alarm going off and went and looked? Unless it was right in front if you probably never. Your two way remote is what's important and if the alarm is going off and your remote is going off the one person who needs to know its going off will. Thieves that break into a car with a alarm don't care about the siren. They'll have your belongings laying out already and your headunit quicker then anyone will hear it or get to the scene. The only thing I like for a extra siren is a couple piezo sirens in the cab that make it too annoying for a thief to sit in the car for long.

Your alarm should go off by the doors being open. To test. Arm the alarm. Wait 30 seconds and unlock the door with the key and open the door. If this sets it off your door triggers are hooked up correctly. If not go back to the dealer.

Glass break sensor. The unit itself has a red led light on it. The module itself is always on. The alarm just doesn't pay attention if not armed. Find that and simply shake your keys lightly and you should see the light going on and off. It has a big sensitivity knob for adjusting.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Thanks for all the advices. I've tested the alarm with all the suggestions and everything works perfect.

I'll add some more in car piezos sometime.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

That seems expensive as hell to me, Looks like hes charging you for every part in the kit.

go to the swap meet then and have some jackass slang you somethign thats not top of the line.

That seems expensive as hell to me, Looks like hes charging you for every part in the kit.

go to the swap meet then and have some jackass slang you somethign thats not top of the line.

So what you are saying is that anything other then this system is swap meet?. Paying 1k for an alarm is a ripoff, I would laugh in the guys face if he told me that was the price. Compustar on ebay is cheap as hell, looks like its from a swap meet.

You are an idiot rich.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'm not the type to bash other members, but seriously Rich, your posts are so ignorant its pathetic. If you had ANY idea what you were talking about, you'd know that Compustar is a good quality, higher end alarm. Learn to read/educate yourself before you continue to spew more misinformed bullshit all over the forum.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived