I generally use tinned lugs because of corrosion resistance

Exposed as "In your engine area" where it is exposed to water, air, humidity, heat. If you're so concerned about corrosion...get a gold one. lol

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

That's one of the ideas behind the tinning, copper likes to corrode. You can use straight copper on aluminum, but yeah leave it one for a year and she'll be fused right together from corrosion. Had that problem whit my engine block ground :shrug:

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

I did order 40 tinned copper lugs. Now if they are tinned, can they be used on an aluminum buss bar? i know aluminum don't like copper.

Galvanic corrosion FTW <_<

Easy way around that: put some dielectric grease in-between the copper lug and aluminum buss bar. It will seal out water/moisture (which is what acts as an electrolyte, allowing the corrosion to take place). Worked fine for me so far :)

I did order 40 tinned copper lugs. Now if they are tinned, can they be used on an aluminum buss bar? i know aluminum don't like copper.

How's does aluminum not like copper...? I use them together all the time..the gold connectors are brass a shitty conductor..zinc is better than brass..just check exposed lugs in engine bay or on frame frequently for rust

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Well..mechman uses copper for their products, you'll see a lot of people using copper. I'm not going to recommend anything..cuz I'm pretty sure someone will flame my ass for saying my opinion.

ill do it! lol. the tin is just a coating to protect the terminal from corroding. the lug is still all made of copper.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

...............................so even tinned they will still corrode on aluminum? Might just get some copper bars instead then. and doesn't dieelectric grease prevent conduction? like electrical tape? thought i heard that before, could be mistaken. :ughdunno: