notorious engine wine on pioneers!

Hey guys I've got the pioneer 4300 DVD in my Camaro and now that im trying to run a 4 channel I'm getting engine noise.. I've had it happen before on other pioneers and fixed it by wrapping the outputs with a bare wire and grounding it. I tried that and it hasn't fixed my problem. Any other solutions?

That's pioneer for you :P Ground the sheath of your RCAs to your amplifier ground

just because you have noise and a pioneer HU doesn't mean the two are related. just the fact that you have noise in one set of RCAs and not the others tells me that this has nothing to do with the pico fuse and grounding the RCA would do nothing. as you discovered. unplug the RCAs at the amp and see if you still get noise. if you do, it cant possibly be the HU or RCAs. if the noise is gone, then plug the RCAs back in and unplug them at the HU. if noise returns, its a bad RCA.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I took my car back to the shop i baught my amp and the guy tried a rca splitter off the front set of rca's and it sounded fine so i guess that rules out the amp and I've tried a couple pairs of rca's with the same issue. I'll try disconnecting at the hu and connecting at the amp to see what happens but i don't know what it would be if its not the amp or the hu and ive already tried different rca's?

also the shop i origionally had hook up my hu put it in my old envoy. they set up a relay system for the parking brake feature. it worked fine in my envoy but is not in my camaro. i didn't change anything with the relay set up.. possible the relay fried? and any way of testing it?

you can feel the relay click if it is working.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have smoked zero pico fuses ever.

Been selling pioneer for 10+ years.

Zero.

Terminal an amp correctly and you will never pop a pico fuse again.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz