Hi everyone! Glad to be on here!

This is my very first system I have ever had in any of my rides, so I am very excited!!, Hopefully with time I can upgrade it more to at least 10K and add some Subs!! I know it isn't fancy and all but it gets the job done ... It's nothing like what most of you have lol but I was on a budget. Everything here was done professionally so I don't have before pictures just after. Regardless it's mostly all clean install, can't show speakers unless I take my door panels off. I currently use CD's, MP3 player and my iPhone 3GS to play my beats.

It sounds really good slaps hard and seems to be clean and clear at all levels with no distortion. Can hear me at least a few blocks away =) As soon as I can weather permitting I will post some videos of it in action. I am still an Amateur at this so please bare with me.

Thnx to Big Dawgs Audio Tulsa for hooking me up!

Inferno Red Pearl Paint

IMG_0511.jpg

I lost my hub cap!! lol

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

Not sure of box dimensions yet carpeted and not ported

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Amp is underneath the box mounted to the floor

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Super Flex 4 gauge wires

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Why they ran the power like this I have no idea! lol

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Bass switch mounted under the dash

IMG_0564.jpg

Edited by Legion420

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Head: JVC KD-A615

AMP: BOSS PH4000D Phantom Series Class D Monoblock

Mids-Highs:

2 JVC CS-HX6947X 6X9 490w

2 JVC CS-V6937 DRVN 6X9 310w

2 JVC CS-V527 DRVN 5-1/4" 200w

Box: 2 Q Power 15" Woofers New Deluxe 2,000watts each

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build

http://www.stevemead...n-budget-build/

Had better light than my last demo so here goes.... not bad eh?

Edited by Legion420

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Mids-Highs:

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build

looks like a decent system, but dont think im trying to be a dick when i say these next things.

that amp will output 1000rms at best at 1 ohm. it has 105a worth of fusing. a real 4000w amp will have around 400 amps worth of fusing. also, your car would probably literally shut off from the power draw if it was 4000 watts.

your ground is horrendous. you need to move it to the frame or to a strut tower. not a piece of sheet metal on the side of the car. you also need to sand the paint off where the lug bolts (not screws) into said frame/tower. having that paint between the two metals increases the ground resistance like no other.

Edited by Kranny

I'm not trying to hate on the shop that did your install, but it looks a bit sloppy honestly. x2 on what kranny said, that painted sheet-metal ground should really be moved to something solid, and that fuse/wire routing looks pretty awkward. Those subs are rated somewhere around 500rms, and given the amp, they're probably seeing less than 1kw.

Not trying to rip your system apart, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. :good:

2008 Chevrolet ColoradoPioneer DEH-X9500BHSSundown SAX1200dFi Q12 loaded

Boston Acoustics GT-275 on: Pioneer TS-D1720cKinetic HC1200 XS power XP750

Thank you guys for the info! I really had no idea how crappy the install is, glad you told me will have to try and fix that. I'm assuming that it will need more fuses and a better Alt if I am to get full power out of this amp, is that correct? Can I do the ground move myself? Have no knowledge of installing. Glad I came on here I might actually learn something =)

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Mids-Highs:

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build

Thank you guys for the info! I really had no idea how crappy the install is, glad you told me will have to try and fix that. I'm assuming that it will need more fuses and a better Alt if I am to get full power out of this amp, is that correct? Can I do the ground move myself? Have no knowledge of installing. Glad I came on here I might actually learn something =)

you are not correct. TONS of companies lie about what their amps put out. this is one of those cases. boss pretty much always lies about their amps power ratings. no matter how big a fuse you put in the amp (which you will not do because you can damage the amp), it will still output the same amount of power.

a quick indicator to make sure a company isn't lying about the power ratings, is to take the fuse amount and multiply it by 10. this will give roughly how many watts it can output while at its lowest supported ohm load.

yeah you can move the ground yourself. just unbolt one of the bolts on a rear strut tower and sand the paint off around wherever the lug will make contact with the metal. make sure the metal is all nice and shiny and everything. if the lug hole is too small to fit onto the strut bolt, then just drill the lug hole bigger with a drill bit. simple as that.

Edited by Kranny

It's nice to see somebody who is willing to actually learn rather than tell us to f off. The reason your amp won't put out a full 4k is because that's most likely a "peak power" rating. These ratings are bs. You will want to go by RMS ratings of everything you use, including subs and amps. These are the true power ratings.

I think steps 8-12 contain info on how to ground properly in this thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/13280-how-to-do-the-big-3-tutorial/

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

you are not correct. TONS of companies lie about what their amps put out. this is one of those cases. boss pretty much always lies about their amps power ratings. no matter how big a fuse you put in the amp (which you will not do because you can damage the amp), it will still output the same amount of power.

a quick indicator to make sure a company isn't lying about the power ratings, is to take the fuse amount and multiply it by 10. this will give roughly how many watts it can output while at its lowest supported ohm load.

yeah you can move the ground yourself. just unbolt one of the bolts on a rear strut tower and sand the paint off around wherever the lug will make contact with the metal. make sure the metal is all nice and shiny and everything. if the lug hole is too small to fit onto the strut bolt, then just drill the lug hole bigger with a drill bit. simple as that.

K thnx Kranny Edited by Legion420

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Mids-Highs:

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build

Check out audiosavings.com deal of the day today. 22ft of 4ga wire for $13. That'll be long enough to upgrade your ground, and leave you some left over for the future upgrades

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

It's nice to see somebody who is willing to actually learn rather than tell us to f off. The reason your amp won't put out a full 4k is because that's most likely a "peak power" rating. These ratings are bs. You will want to go by RMS ratings of everything you use, including subs and amps. These are the true power ratings.

I think steps 8-12 contain info on how to ground properly in this thread: http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/

That's why I'm here to learn. I read through the steps you pointed out and it helps .THNX

03 Dodge Caravan SE

Alt. Stock

Mids-Highs:

Carpeted and not ported

My small budget build