Mechanical Help PLEASE! PICS ATTACHED!

I would say he didnt know what he was doing. It is a bad thing to weld something like that. Makes it more expensive most the time to properly fix it. I think your best bet is to talk to friends, family and call around to shops. Someone has to know someone or be willing to help ya out. I know how it feels to be low on money and things go wrong and no money to fix. To me it looks like it was poor install.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

yea i kind of had that feeling about that but since i myself don't know a whole lot about cars an he was willing to doit for free i thought what the hell. do you know what that part is called the one he tried welding? he knows alot more about cars then me but he also didn't know what that part was called.

Do this, jack up the car and take both front wheels off. Take a look at both sides and see what does not look right. Was thinking about this and it may be the strut rod ( or also called radius arm). Take the wheel OFF. Take pictures again, with the wheels off and upload them here. I can get a better idea of what your suspension looks like and what may be wrong. The pictures you took were not that good. They just seemed like close ups of the axle. On pic 17, you look at the arm on the right side ( just above the oil spot on the driveway). See where this is attatched to on the frame. I believe this is your strut rod, and the bolts may have backed out and fell out. Dont bother putting the axle back in and driving it, cause your just gonna end up fuckin something up even more ( until you really find out what is bad. You may have already over stretched the brake line, and tore the line internally. I have seen this many of times) . Stay away from the neighbor, he may be the type of guy who thinks he knows, and has to much pride to admit he doesnt.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Also you could google your car and type front end suspension. It could give ya the names of the parts. That will help ya with trying to get help. Make it easier when trying to get help.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

swaybar end link is toast, inner tie rod end is toast, cv shaft is toast, strut is gone, mount and knuckle could be shot as well.... best bet would be to take it to a shop or have a real tech look at it not your neighbor. get more pics with the wheels off and post them if you can,

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

• 2 weeks later...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/alvisonero408/axle017.jpg

is that the lower control arm just hanging there????? looks like an issue lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

a buddy of my had the same issue. we replaced both upper and lower control arms and cv. but since your "pro welding neighbor" killed your k-frame http://www.alltoyota...es/32749_01.jpg your going to need to replace it aswell as your tie rod and your cv again.

this is your problem lower control arm red circle

axle017.jpg

Edited by 01VWGREENMACHINE

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black