Jump to content

2004 GTO... bagged on CCW's... ever evolving...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Still don't look bad on the stockies.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I got my wheels back on :D


I bought some tires from a buddy but went with 245/40 rears. I had to roll my fenders back a little further but it wasn't too bad. It rubs a little but not too extremely much. Since I am nearly clearing I think I am going to try to widen the rear wheels 2 inches and run a 295 on the rear and maintain the same fit. In the front I will probably widen the wheels 1 inch and run a 225 or 235.


I had a little photoshoot from a local page called dirty thirteen


The photos were by Charlie Smith


9487039284_87d9e78427_c.jpg


9487062158_dd5338d0e6_c.jpg


9487090714_d0aac38a44_c.jpg

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz


Check Out my build log


Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny


  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Long time no posts... Still rocking the bbs's, I have yet to break anything (knocks on wood). I have a few more pics of the car though. I want to thank my brother (Perry Fortney), Charlie Smith, Dustin Lewis, Chad Rasmussen, Tom McAdam, Andrew Nguyen, and Igor Polegkiy for the photos because I am no photographer.


9680961142_457f317c0c_z.jpg


9680973444_6e81e09092_z.jpg


1150897_498942013516730_804083734_n.jpg


969811_498937440183854_1442399163_n.jpg


1186116_10101254611645215_564801523_n.jp


1235145_703156713034565_1234340529_n.jpg


1150872_10153164586070123_43549816_n.jpg


1150366_10200839496044893_2009080508_n.j


1238759_540216752712742_999831068_n.jpg


A pic from LS Fest


37033_10200881006879834_1430634811_n.jpg


and on our way home my brother took this by sticking his iphone out his window lol. But it survived the ride home :D


9713090178_b948d14244_z.jpg


And a little update. My buddy and I are going to be building new ABS plastic splitters based off of my old one. So I should have a splitter before too long. We are also going be building custom one off otrcai's for the car. I am planning to widen the wheels probably before spring. I am planning to widen them to 17x10 and 17x9 or 9.5 and run a 295 in the rear and somewhere between a 245 and 265 in the front. I am planning to get a cam and supporting mods sometime in the next year with a goal of low 400's. I will most likely be toning back the stereo to get some weight out the rear to raise it up and not worry about clearance with a 295s. Or I have been toying with pulling the rear seats and building a box/rear seat delete back there. It'll move the weight to the center of the car, get louder, and I can't have rear passenger's anyway because with 4 people in the car the rear tires rub really bad... As the car sits I can pull several car lengths on most stock 04 gto's even at 300+ lbs heavier than them and way more camber in the rear.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz


Check Out my build log


Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny


Posted

Im about to get a new/used car and I consider between 2004/5 GTO 5.7, 6.0 or 05/06 Mustang GT.. the price and milage is pretty much the same.. I like the interior of GTO more but I also like the aggressive look of mustang lol.. not sure what im gonna get.. I see u enjoy ur GTO a lot lol

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

Im about to get a new/used car and I consider between 2004/5 GTO 5.7, 6.0 or 05/06 Mustang GT.. the price and milage is pretty much the same.. I like the interior of GTO more but I also like the aggressive look of mustang lol.. not sure what im gonna get.. I see u enjoy ur GTO a lot lol

For the price there is not much as nice and as reliable as GTO. And stock GTO's pull buses on built mustangs lol. I suggest them to everyone who ever looks at them. After having mine for just over 4 years and having up 50,000 miles on it I will say that I have loved all of them. The only downside of a GTO is they are hard to get loud, honestly if this wasn't an audio forum I wouldn't even mention that though.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz


Check Out my build log


Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny


Posted

Ic.. so there no chance to take that wall between the seat and trunk out? maybe some blow through rear deck ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

Ic.. so there no chance to take that wall between the seat and trunk out? maybe some blow through rear deck ?

Really the only straight pass through I've seen would be somehow most likely using pvc bends making a 4th order and firing through the stock sub location

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz


Check Out my build log


Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny


Posted

I was trying to find find some pictures of stock sub location and no pos results lol.. can u picture it for me somehow ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

I was trying to find find some pictures of stock sub location and no pos results lol.. can u picture it for me somehow ?

I can see if I have anything. They are the rear shelf speakers. I have had mine out for probably 1.5 to 2 years

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz


Check Out my build log


Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 529 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...