I Can't do the Big 3 on my car!

PM mechman and see what he says and if he can do anything for you cause that looks like a terrible way to do what they did.
Honestly I don't have the money to get an entire custom alternator right now. I guess I'll just have to leave it. I'm only running a 500 watt RF amp, so it isn't too bad. I just thought I might as well do the Big 3 to help get the most out of the electrical system.

Maybe just throw in a small second batt for now. You can get those kinetik hc600 for 50-60$ online and that along with the big3 stopped my voltage drop but I'm running 1000-1100w rms.

I have a hc600 laying around, pm me if ya want it

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

May i ask what year and model your car is and what engine it has?

Edit

It looks like you have the 2.3l 4 cyl.

here is a pic of the back of the alternator.

Look where the arrow is on your alt. see if there is a wire there. It's back in a tight spot so it might be hard to see or covered by a rubber boot with flex loom around it.

3274810_bac.jpg

May i ask what year and model your car is and what engine it has?

Edit

It looks like you have the 2.3l 4 cyl.

here is a pic of the back of the alternator.

Look where the arrow is on your alt. see if there is a wire there. It's back in a tight spot so it might be hard to see or covered by a rubber boot with flex loom around it.

3274810_bac.jpg

Do this.

All alternators should have a large stud for the main power connection.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The best you can do with that alt is get the large spades that go in the plug and upgrade them to 8g. You really need to upgrade your alt. Not much you can do with that output termination.

I didnt read but what are you showing the back of the alt for? Hold on... let me read it again... The arrow in the pic is nothing you want to connect anything to. You can ground the alt anywhere on the housing to the frame... and/or battery

The best you can do with that alt is get the large spades that go in the plug and upgrade them to 8g. You really need to upgrade your alt. Not much you can do with that output termination.

I didnt read but what are you showing the back of the alt for? Hold on... let me read it again... The arrow in the pic is nothing you want to connect anything to. You can ground the alt anywhere on the housing to the frame... and/or battery

Well what the heck is that?

edit.

it's marked "F"

If you look closely at the first pics you'll see 2 what look like 10ga wires on a plug with another white wire with black stripe.

Just one of those alts it looks like you can't do a lot with, best option is to add a 2nd alt that's one wire on the engine if your able to find room.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived