3m does not fade in the sun.

Do not talk out of your ass.

A wrap using 3m will look great for 3-5 years

There are a lot of tricks when wrapping a car, from cutting on the car to getting rid of bubbles

The material alone will cost you. 11-1400 to do a full size car.

Most shop techs have went to the 3m school on how to apply it.

Feel free to try it yourself, then you will realize why they charge that much.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

also to add to rays comment.

I've wrapped hoods, trunks, fenders, etc basically a whole car.

You cannot do it by yourself. You absolutely need help atleast another guy. Huge areas like the hood it's necessary to have multiple people.

3M is good I prefer Hexis. You should also buy the adhesive glue to ensure the wrap sticks in the corners.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

It is hard to wrap but the results can be great and I prefer it to paint because you can take it off after and go back to the stock color if you want to do something crazy and you know your resale value will drop

Here's a hood I wrapped

CFHood_4.jpg

CFHood_2.jpg

Here's a spoiler

Kaminari_1.jpg

Kaminari_2.jpg

Kaminari_3.jpg

Here's some side mirrors

photo-1.jpg

Scion tC SQ Build

Why would wrapping drop the resale value. Also I didn't realize it was so hard to learn to wraps. If I ever get around to do a wrap I'll take it to a shop lol. That carbon wrap looks real and looks good too.

]

i meant wrapping will NOT drop resale because you can just pull it right off. If you paint your car black and pink bc you think its cool, then you're probably dropping your resale. Thats why I like wrapping better

Scion tC SQ Build

I agree, I wrapped the hood and trunk on my civic 3 years ago, carbon fiber 3m wrap. Still looks brand new to this day. Great product, it is hard to apply. Take your time. Think of it like window tint. Some people even steam it on, i just apply it like tint. Good luck!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I have extensive experience in applying vinyl to signs and displays. I also have extensive experience wrapping enclosures and interior car parts in vinyl, leather, carpet.

I also have extensive experience applying window and body decals and banners to cars.

And if I decide to have a full wrap done on my car, I am taking it to a pro shop.

If I'm willing to spend that much money on vinyl to make my car look nice, I want it to look top quality. 1 crease or unsecured corner will ruin it for me. Why chance it?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I've never really had experience with vinyl wraps, but I've seen it done very, very well. A lot of hassle involve though..

I'd go with plastidip, I personally plan on using it to paint my girl next summer. Its way cheap, and if you can do it right, and if you add the glossifyer.. it looks cleeeeean.

Archived