nissan altima FI SP4 15, Crunch GP3000 pro, Singer Alternator!!! *hairtrick video!*

That sub is awesome! Can't wait for more pics

MOAR UPDATES:

IMAG1514.jpg

just for reference on how much of a monster this sub is...

IMAG1517.jpg

getting the box started...

IMAG1520.jpg

when the glue was drying, that gave me a chance to work on something else. so i decided to find a place for the voltmeter and the bass knob. this seemed to be the best place... I actually removed the hazard light switch from the black panel and mounted it on the drivers underdash panel...(in this case, voltage was much more important than hazards lol.) but its still fully accessible.

IMAG1519.jpg

IMAG1522.jpg

IMAG1525.jpg

IMAG1526.jpg

IMAG1527.jpg

IMAG1528.jpg

now, just to clarify, in the photobucket design on page 1, there is a plexi window that exposes the sub. in the build pics above, i just cut a piece of wood the same size as the plexi for some testing because the plastic shop is closed on weekends and i didnt know that :(

so, my sonicelectronics order, which contains all of my mids/highs/terminals/fuseblocks and other misc shit including sound deadener, got delayed and will be here on thursday or friday of this week. I believe the Mike Singer alternator should be here by then to, as well as the radio and 4 channel amp. so im just playing the waiting game. I hope to be able to get the 2 runs of 1/0 done tomorrow, big 3, and battery bank all wired up so i can hear it and do some testing with it. but we will see how the day goes. Stay tuned for daily updated

id redo the box for sure

id redo the box for sure

well, i wanted to see what happened with this box since i like the functionality of it. if it doesnt work out well, ive got another sheet of mdf in the garage, and it looks like my only other option is a ported box.

I will x2 this..

Why in the world would you put 45s in a sealed chamber? it will gain you nothing.

thats the way the box was designed :( i dont know much about bandpass boxes, so i paid to have it done, and there were 45s in the sealed chamber.

well, im up early to get the amp all wired up, so i should be able to find out today what the box will be like.

for best results the port you have should be parallelogram'd

not right angle trapezoid'd, make sense, lol?

that way the length is equal on all sides of the port instead of the bottom having more depth than the top

in for results

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

the 45's in the sealed chamber weren't for airflow. they were there for bracing and displacement. the port is where it is because there was no other place to put it. if it doesn't work, the port can be covered and moved to a different location. again, if i had my druthers the port would be further from the sub, but i designed it to be removable for trial and error purposes.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

for best results the port you have should be parallelogram'd

not right angle trapezoid'd, make sense, lol?

that way the length is equal on all sides of the port instead of the bottom having more depth than the top

in for results

well, understood, but I wanted it to "seal" to the back seats if you know what i mean, and be able to still flip the armrest up and be able to transport 5 people.

the 45's in the sealed chamber weren't for airflow. they were there for bracing and displacement. the port is where it is because there was no other place to put it. if it doesn't work, the port can be covered and moved to a different location. again, if i had my druthers the port would be further from the sub, but i designed it to be removable for trial and error purposes.

i kinda figured they were there for bracing.

The box is in, and it is loud as FAWK, but i havent got a chance to cut the hole between the seats, so they are both just down. im waiting on maliboom for his radio to be here because i tried using the dd-1 on the factory radio, and the distortion light comes on before the 40 hz detect does lol, so im guessing its just clipped all the way through. anyhow, the radio will be here tomorrow so i can have some unclipped signal. the amp is all wired up with the 2 second bt-60 batteries, but i havent done the big 3 or alt, and the voltage stays at 14.0 no matter how hard i play it, so it leads me to believe that power is left untouched.

got to go into work again tonight, but then im off til wednesday, so that will give me more time to work on it.

id redo the box for sure

id redo the box for sure

well, i wanted to see what happened with this box since i like the functionality of it. if it doesnt work out well, ive got another sheet of mdf in the garage, and it looks like my only other option is a ported box.

I will x2 this..

Why in the world would you put 45s in a sealed chamber? it will gain you nothing.

thats the way the box was designed :( i dont know much about bandpass boxes, so i paid to have it done, and there were 45s in the sealed chamber.

well, im up early to get the amp all wired up, so i should be able to find out today what the box will be like.

whoever designed it failed then. while in the design stage he should have designed it correctly rather then needing 45s to take up space.

Archived