thinking about getting some super tweeters ... maybe ?

michigancapri92

running for my front stage a cdt audio 3-way system ... 6.5" 3" and tweeter and was wondering if adding a super tweeter would make a difference or am i thinking wrong ?? thinking about getting a selenium or cresendo super tweeter and mounting in dash. let me know !!

or how do you think this would sound in the dash board ??

http://cdtstore.com/cl_series/cl42.htm

just looking to get more clarity and output out of the mids and high

a super tweeter alone will get you more highs. not mids.

what model 3way is it? what amp? how are they wired? i would bet there is a way to make your speakers do what you want out of them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

a super tweeter alone will get you more highs. not mids.

what model 3way is it? what amp? how are they wired? i would bet there is a way to make your speakers do what you want out of them.

cl 632 running at 4ohms on a t600-2 i really think my crossovers are not set right still tinkering with them once i get the pods finished need to fiddle with the xover settings for the mid and tweeter, and need to fiddle with the xover on amp. would like to get a CC-1 for the amp but dont really wana pay for it to use once :-( im cheap haha

If your not getting more out of them then try them on axis if they aren't already and see how you like them, another thing is to mount them higher up in the sails or pillars if they aren't already. most tweets can be pretty bright on axis so you'll want to play around with the ones you have and see if you can get more out of them before buying something you might not need.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

the new cresendo super tweets are nice and get loud off of low power.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

If your not getting more out of them then try them on axis if they aren't already and see how you like them, another thing is to mount them higher up in the sails or pillars if they aren't already. most tweets can be pretty bright on axis so you'll want to play around with the ones you have and see if you can get more out of them before buying something you might not need.

good ideas i will continue to play around with them, and right now the cl 632 the 6.5" is in the stock door location, the 3" and the tweeter are in the kick panels, the xover for speakers have -3 0 +3 for the tweeter and 3" so will cont. to play with those

well, with super tweeters you would need another amp to power them anyways so, if it was my system, i might put the midbass 6.5"s onto their own amp. that'll free up power for the mids/highs. and if you adjust the high pass on the 600-2 past 200hz you can get more power out of it before clipping.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks for the advice !!! im going to throw another one into the mix ... its 200 watts at 4omhs so i could wire them with my 3way to 2ohms on the amp ... opinions ?

http://cdtstore.com/...ies/cs-020x.htm

amp puts out 382 @2

Archived