Second Skin Audio

My Box Builds

carshateme

Oh...that box is double baffled. I didn't design the box, I just built it. Else it would've had a flush mount.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I just delivered it to the customer. He should be posting a video of it soon :)

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I use an enamal and roll it on after that I can use a spray to add a accent color like flexstone or whatever. I use a small foam roller to get a nice application. IMO a bare wood port just sucks. Even if it a white, it gives it a more professional finish. Also think about a double baffle so you can flush mount the subs. It doesn't cost much if any more then a single but the end result is a far better finish for the customer. You never know when someone else sees your work and has a big bank roll to spend with you because they have seen your quality work ;).

I did mine in lime green (first box ever, dont hate.) :peepwall:

img2012042400120.jpg

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I use an enamal and roll it on after that I can use a spray to add a accent color like flexstone or whatever. I use a small foam roller to get a nice application. IMO a bare wood port just sucks. Even if it a white, it gives it a more professional finish. Also think about a double baffle so you can flush mount the subs. It doesn't cost much if any more then a single but the end result is a far better finish for the customer. You never know when someone else sees your work and has a big bank roll to spend with you because they have seen your quality work ;).

img2012042400120.jpg

I like. Here's what I see. The edges where they meet show a little overhang. A little sanding, some wood filler and it would look seamless. Wood filler also helps with the edges of the wood to help it from getting blotchy as the paint soaks in. Even though you are showing the wood screws, they are evenly spaced. It makes it look like you planed it that way. When I do any box that I use screws for, I always mark them out. Even though it may not matter to a customer, it shows you look like you know what your doing. ;) Nice job on the paint. From the pic it looks to be a flat black which isn't easy to paint. And that yellow is crazy loud. Rumor is, yellow ports add deebeess :ninja:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Here's the box done, waiting for the carpet to come in

dsc0557n.jpg

dsc0562k.jpg

dsc0563g.jpg

One other thing that no one has mentioned yet, the use of square wood as bracing( I.E. 2x4's 2x2's ect..) creates turbulence.

While it may not be very noticeable now, as you get into bigger builds it will.

Using all thread or even large dowel rods will help reduce the turbulence problems, and actually help the box be louder and sound better.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

i told him to totally get rid of those braces. they are pointless in this box. 2 level 3 in that double baffled box do not need bracing. I see hes still getting sloppy with all the silicone caulking all over the place as well.

img2012042400120.jpg

I like. Here's what I see. The edges where they meet show a little overhang. A little sanding, some wood filler and it would look seamless. Wood filler also helps with the edges of the wood to help it from getting blotchy as the paint soaks in. Even though you are showing the wood screws, they are evenly spaced. It makes it look like you planed it that way. When I do any box that I use screws for, I always mark them out. Even though it may not matter to a customer, it shows you look like you know what your doing. ;) Nice job on the paint. From the pic it looks to be a flat black which isn't easy to paint. And that yellow is crazy loud. Rumor is, yellow ports add deebeess :ninja:

Haha, Its actually bright lime green, I was backed into my driveway so it looks yellow and I would have to agree, It does overhang VERY slightly. Everyone wanted me to fill in the screws but I liked the look of them being shown. Yes, Its flat black and the green was high gloss, and you are right, that flat black was a BITCH to do. Ill take the advice though because I am building a new box for my friends E8's very soon, going to try that seemless look like you mentioned. and thanks, Glad you liked it!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Archived