Sonic Electronix

Question yo you guys who have super loud bass...

Okay how do you not go deaf from your tweets and regular speakers?? because I have just one 15" in a sealed box with just 400 watts and I have to turn down the treble on my HU and turn up the sub just a tad if I feel like bumpin or but then my sub drowns out my speakers to where its hard to hear the song. So when I have my system adjusted to sound perfect my ears start to hurt before the bass is loud enough for me!!! what should I do if I can do anything about it?

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

Nothing you can do. I drive daily bumping. Times where my radio is tuned up to 30 which on a termlab I was hitting 135db. To me it feels good. Probably need to get use to it. Or like you said need to make your treble not as loud.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

could be the speakers you have. some tweeters are just harsh and can even feel like a needle poking you in the ear. but for bass, its something you get used to. thats why you take steps to getting louder. start small.

what speakers do you have for mids/highs?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Depends on what your running in some cases.... some tweeters can be screechy as fuck.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

bleed the block with that shit up...your ears will adjust to it after awhile...honestly its probably not that loud...your just not used to it...

Nothing you can do. I drive daily bumping. Times where my radio is tuned up to 30 which on a termlab I was hitting 135db. To me it feels good. Probably need to get use to it. Or like you said need to make your treble not as loud.

is 135db loud to you?...just wondering

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I was going to say that i sat in the fosgate astro van in the 90's. three or four components in each door and four 15's or 18's can't remember the exact details. but it was LOUD. and it did not hurt my ears. Just sounded super clean and clear. the hi-hat's had so much definition that i could really tell it was a heavy chunk of metal. It's hard to explain something like that but trust me. Maybe you just have standing wave's or something making it sound harsh.

if you have no distortion and tweeters that aren't harsh like infinity speakers and those coaxials with like 5 tweeters in them, then your ears will be fine.

mlstrass has like 7000w of mids and highs and your ears wont ring unless you're standing right next to his wall of mids and highs in the hatch area.

probably has mids running of HU..and can only hear them with treble at full blast

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg