With the box out, im going to retune/tweek my mid/high amp. The set up disc the DSP comes with is full of useful tracks. I moved them over to the Ipod.

IMG_0375.jpg

Also double check my battery and its mount, all the cable terminals for tightness, and also "time" scope the alty for fun.

Also need to install the pin'd connector for the Ipod. Im hoping for a cleaner signal that the aux jack, and itll charge too.

IMG_0341.jpg

Nice work !

How did you like your subs firing forward ? It was so bad, you had to turn the box ?

I thought it could be better, with no rattles. Firing back can bring some unwanted noise from the trunk lid.

Good choice on equipment. I like everything except the subs (that's just my personal opinion, not saying they're bad, I've never listened to them !).

Keeps the pics coming !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Nice work !

How did you like your subs firing forward ? It was so bad, you had to turn the box ?

I thought it could be better, with no rattles. Firing back can bring some unwanted noise from the trunk lid.

Good choice on equipment. I like everything except the subs (that's just my personal opinion, not saying they're bad, I've never listened to them !).

Keeps the pics coming !

forward firing to be really effective has to have it sealed off not like that with big gaps which is probably why he didnt like it but a new box design should do justice on a forward firing build! btw u shouldnt judge a book by its cover those t1s are loud and clear always admired em. just the price i could never get to spending that much on em due to a billion other options i would take before it for the price

On firing forward- I didn't even make it through a 1/3 of a song, before i shut it down, and re-swapped it to original. VIP is correct, without it sealed off, it was way worse..not near as loud, and just wasn't at all what I wanted.. My next enclosure will hopefully seal it off, and the drivers are on the list for change... They are pretty decent, but your correct, for the price, there is better out there. Although, I may never swap amplification. I do truly love my amps. More pic's are a coming.....

On firing forward- I didn't even make it through a 1/3 of a song, before i shut it down, and re-swapped it to original. VIP is correct, without it sealed off, it was way worse..not near as loud, and just wasn't at all what I wanted.. My next enclosure will hopefully seal it off, and the drivers are on the list for change... They are pretty decent, but your correct, for the price, there is better out there. Although, I may never swap amplification. I do truly love my amps. More pic's are a coming.....

yea amps on the other hand are over priced but u get what you pay for and theyre are def on the list of some of my favorites i dont see why you would swap subs yet ou will get plenty loud in a right enclosure

well, i hear you man.... but, if im gonna rebuild the enlcosure, id much like to do it once...know what i mean? ill sell my subs cheap (anyone interested?) and get some others id rather have... these have done me right for a long time.. no complaints.. i just wanna use my 2500bdcp to full potential... know what im sayin?,..... maybe ill add 2 more of the same??...

VIP - you have a idea of a BA enclosure, that will seal off, and do damage? i can send more pics of the "opening" behind the rear seats if need be.... hell, does anyone have great idea?

as always, thanks for looking and for any advise all...

u got the numba brotha i got a couple ideas unning around....and no dont add another 2 unless youre doing a bandpass box which would be nice. but if you wanna sell those subs i want!! lol text me though see if you like anything i have in mind

u got the numba brotha i got a couple ideas unning around....and no dont add another 2 unless youre doing a bandpass box which would be nice. but if you wanna sell those subs i want!! lol text me though see if you like anything i have in mind

Cool beans man,... After work tonight, Im going to pull the enclosure/subs, and 2500 back out, and re-tool my T1000-4ad with my O-scope and the tracks i want to try. And while i'm in there im going to go around and double check everything is tight and such, then pull the subs out for some pics (to sell em) and inspect em. Then get it all back in. After that, be ready for a call, and have your TORRES box calc ready to roll, along with your brain. Ill also send you pic's of the trunk, dim's of the space we have to work with back there... and anything else you need. If you want/need anything else to get this party started, just let me know my friend. Thanks again bud. Anyone else with some ideas, lets hear em.....Cheers all....

Kyle

Archived