Second Skin Audio

SA-8 D4 box?

newb4976

Hello, this is my first post on here, i was wondering if anyone out there could make me some design plans for my SA-8 D4 sub, i tried to make a box for it about a week ago and it failed hard, then i read more and i found that these subs like a lot of port area and i realized why my box didn't work with just a 2" PVC pipe as the port, i know that it is recommended to be about .6 cubes and be somewhere around mid 30's tuned, so yeah that's my question, can anyone please do some plans for a .60 cubes tuned to 35Hz, i would also like to stay away from aero ports, i think and l port would be ideal for this build.

Thanks

Trevor

Oh and i forgot when you use the box calculator use the inside measure to get the volume you want it will be easier to calculate the slot port over this. And btw u can also use a sealed box. If you are like me and listen all kind of music sealed its really nice too. If you want big spl than go for super big box with super slot port.

i used the torres box calculator for my 1st box (for a kicker 10 sealed) its sounded ok, and then the box i made for the sa-8 just had too much port noise for anything to be audible, the fosgate site doesn't really help me because i get my l, w, h, to add up to .60 cubes, so when i try to calculate the port its going off of .60 cubes, so my port length and width is way to big for the .60 box

i mainly listen to dubstep and rap, songs that just get low and stuff, my sub is in a sealed box at .28 right now and im not impressed with it, i paid a pretty good amount of money for this and i would like to to sound as best as possible

its wired @ 2ohms to my monoblock, its getting about 550 rms right now, I've just racked my brain trying to figure out how big the box needs to be before the port and displacement is subtracted and i cant figure it out, im at a standstill right now, its pretty frustrating.

Archived