Sonic Electronix

you have a 60 amp alt charging 3 batteries. thats part of your problem. like 40 amps of that is being used to run your car, and your batteries need at least 30 amps total to get charged. so you're basically harming everything.

if you cant fit a bigger alt, then you're pretty much fucked, to say the least

edit: rootbeer has a point. call up mechman or dc power to see if they have any options for your car

Edited by Kranny

your alt. should be charging no less that mid 13s while car is on and the system is not playing. your alternator is about to be done. the shop you went probably didn't do a good check on it. its no way that your charging at 12.5 and the alt is still good.

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

yup 60amp alty making maybe 35 40amps after accounting for the basics in the car..

and prolly trying to run what 1000w or more lol.. not happening

also mechman can make a alt for ANY ANY car..

i bet you have severly discharged your batteries and they are on they way to being bad too

edit i see your trying to run a saz2000d with a STOCK alt.. wow.. im surprised u aint seen magic smoke yet

Edited by getlocivic

i'd be willing to bet that under the hood there is a lot of burnt up wire.... and the alternator is probably all black by now.

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

yup 60amp alty making maybe 35 40amps after accounting for the basics in the car..

and prolly trying to run what 1000w or more lol.. not happening

i bet you have severly discharged your batteries and they are on they way to being bad too

also mechman can make a alt for ANY ANY car..

I dont think so because my alternator is very very small.

My car is acually a moped with a small engine

My top speed is also 60kmph with 5 horse powers.

Pictures:

http://dl.dropbox.co...30/IMG_0218.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.co...30/IMG_0278.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.co...30/IMG_0276.JPG

edit i see your trying to run a saz2000d with a STOCK alt.. wow.. im surprised u aint seen magic smoke yet

Yea that's why i need a higher voltage... I'm scared for that.

Edit:

I just measured the battery

Engine off: 12,5V

Engine on: 12,3V

I brought my alternator to someone who works at a alternator company, and he said it works.

And also to a car garage and they say it works, But i dont believe him because the volt was 12,5....

Could it perhaps be the wiring?

Edited by NLMax

i just had a realll good laugh i could run u off the road lolol

and i bet if you just got ahold of mechman and asked they could help..

granted ur prolly not going to get a fucking 270 or 300 amp.. but hell even if they could get a 150ampr in there itd be better than nothing..

soo i see it like this... actually get ahold of them an get answers.. other than thinking "they cant do it"

I have a friend that has a moped with a mechman 110amp alt. They made it custom for him. His is a 2010 and thats all I remember. Mechman told him that, that is the highest and that is pushing it.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I have a friend that has a moped with a mechman 110amp alt. They made it custom for him. His is a 2010 and thats all I remember. Mechman told him that, that is the highest and that is pushing it.

How much did he paid for it?

How much did he paid for it?

thats totally irrelevant..

diff cars/application cost differently..